36Bjunkie

How's 36B look after the fire???

I haven’t had time to get out and scout I just had heart surgery 90 days ago. And I have a late Nov. tag. Has anyone been down there since the fire?? Any info would help!! I’d like to know how far down ruby the fire went? Did it burn past the check point and into Bear valley ranch?

it looked black last time I saw it, but that was when I was leaving the fire in June or July, whenever it was

heard they got good moisture and greened up

a fly-over of the fire on the last day or so showed a whole bunch of green pockets and water tanks in the middle of the black, there were deer at all of them

perfectly fine. as of 2 weeks ago LOTS of water, deer wont be traveling far and very green.

I live in Rio Rico about eight miles east of the burn. It made for a spectacular show at night and a great deal of smoke during the day. I haven't gone clear over to Bear Valley Ranch, but I archery hunted the eastern area of the burn in August. We got a lot of rain during the summer, and except for the faint smell, you almost can't even tell that there was a burn.

I didn't see much for whitetail in August in 36B. But we really got into the Mulies on the other side of the freeway in 34A. I got an arrow into one, but could not find it. The deer do seem to be moving around a bit now though. I snapped some pictures of one last week in 34A. I tried to download it just now but it is apparently too big, too many MB's. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks for the pic SndRdnk ... Now im getting the fever !!!

I ain't countin' sheep I'm countin Bucks in my sleep!!!

Come on Friday!!!!

Thanks for the pic SndRdnk ... Now im getting the fever !!!

I ain't countin' sheep I'm countin Bucks in my sleep!!!

Come on Friday!!!!

to bad the big bucs are hard to see..... oh ya come on tomorrow~~~

Oaks have burned down and these areas look like moonscapes where there was once oak forest, There is alot of erosion in some of the steep mountain faces. The area with mesquite seemed to have fared better as the grass is very tall and weeds have moved in, so prepare for that.

Google Earth shows alot of ash as that photo is from June but the grass has since recovered. You can really see the game trails with the grass gone and you can also see the alien trails beaten down to dirt. Alot of water has the ash soot in it as my dog went in a pool and came out with a tint of black.

Good hunting!