Sign in to follow this  
cohofishing

rangefinder

Went out shooting today and my old bushnell 800 rangefinder gave up the ghost. Have been using a Nikon archer's choice for bow hunting and really wanted a longer rangefinder with angle compensation for rifle hunting. I just orderd a leupold RX-1000i TBR DNA. Does anyone else use this rangefinder and if so, what do you think of it?

Read all of the other posts and agree that Lecia would be nicer but they don't seem to have a angle compensation model. I read all of the reviews on the Bushnell models and not everyone seemed happy with what they had bought.

Let me know what you think.

Brent

I just purchased one. While I have not used it but once (which I did not range anything other than to "test" it), I REALLY like it. I had the Bushnell ARC 1000 and in my opinion there is NO comparison. The Leuplold is much nicer. Its smaller, the opitcs are clearer and the digital read out is awesome (much like the Lecia).

However, the TBR is a little funny for rifles. You need to select a caliber / FPS and it calculates the TBR, but it does not show you the TBR and the actual line of sight yardage. This is only for rifle mode. In bow model is shows both, but this is only for 100yds. I do like that it can also calculate MIL and MOA...however I still need to practice with it.

The directions could be a little easier to understand....but once I went over them a couple of times with the rangefinder in hand they were easier to understand.

At any rate I like it better than the Bushnell. I paid something like $330 shipped.

After my reply I went back and re-read the directions for the ump tenth time....

It will show line of sight yardage for HOLD (hold over based on your ballasitcs), MIL and MOA. The MIL and MOA are calculated based on the ballasitics of your rifle.

However I don't like for my caliber (300 WSM) it wants a sight in at 300yds. I sight it in at 200yds.... a 300 yds range is tough to find

Redman:

Check ballistic tables for the loads in your .300 WSM, and you won't need a 300-yard range to put your shots spot on at 300 yards.

Bill Quimby