Sign in to follow this  
db cooper

What I hate!

I am constantly amazed and infuriated by the numbers of jerks that I see driving ATVs cross country, right past signs saying "NO CROSS COUNTRY TRAVEL PERMITTED"! Do you losers want us all to lose access to our hunting areas? You guys looked healthy enough, sporting brand new camo a couple of sizes too small with the creases still in it just like when you bought it at Sportsman's Warehouse, I would guess you guys hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week, no excuse for not getting out and walking. Maybe those brand new boots you were wearing hadn't been broken, yet. Bad news guys, you have to actually walk in them so they get broken in. Sorry. Anyways, I hate you and hope you break down in the middle of nowhere with only the circling buzzards for shade. I guess my point is "Stop driving where you shouldn't or else!"

Ok, enough of my stupid ranting. Happy Hunting!

Well db I couldn't agree more. Coincidence or not you posted this on the day the Coconino came out with their management plan. I don't think it's right for atv's to travel where there are no roads simply to cut the distance the driver has to walk but I think they went too far saying you can't go off road to retrieve an elk in areas and saying you can in other areas. With 6A being across the road from unit 5 there is absolutely no difference in the terrain, so why restrict the unit 5 hunters?

I do believe the atv owners you are talking about are the ones that brought this ruleing about. I hate seeing quad tracks along the edge of a canyon when I am horn hunting, I hope there is some enforcement at that time.

At this point I don't know what I will do the next time I shoot an elk in 5A or B, Probably take my quad and get it.

+1.......ALSO PICK UP YOUR TRASH!!!!! DON'T BURY YOUR TRASH EITHER.

That's one part of why we can't hunt on ranches and some private property.

Been plenty of times when we come up to a sign on a gate that says "No Hunting due to past problems"

I agree ... went ATV riding once with my wife's friend's husband (now ex-). Didn't know the guy, but the wives thought we'd get along well and wanted to start doing family stuff together. I don't normally like to go out and ride with guys I don't know, because I don't know how capable they are or aren't, and don't know if I can rely on them in a pinch. But in the interest of being agreeable, I decided I'd meet him out on the trail and do a ride. Half through the day, this bozo takes a cut across pristine natural ground to short cut a longer route. Probably went 1/4 mile or better on his trek. Me, I stayed on the trail. Later, when we stopped I asked what the heck he was doing taking a cut. Conversation got pretty heated. Needless to say I'm glad that we took separate trucks. Never spoke to the guy again. Thankfully, his wife decided he was a Jerk-Wad and dumped him.

ATV's are not for tearing up pristine ground. They are to ride on established trails.