Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Tikka T3 lite 7mm 168 or 180 VLD's

Hello- I have a reloading question for you all reloading guru's?

My brother just picked up a Tikka T3 7mm. Here in the next month I am going to start loading for him. I realize that all rifles are different in what they like but just need a good starting point.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share thier load info for this rifle. I would prefer that it is for the Tikka T3 7mm if anyone out there is using the Berger 168's or 180's VLD's bullets.

Couple questions would be;

What kind of groups are you getting with it out to a 100, 200, or 300 yards?

Are you able to set your bullet to lands? if so at what distance? .10 .15?

(I will check this later on my rifle)

What primers are you using?

What powder are you using? what charge?

Are you weighing the brass? and type of brass?

What kind of of prep work are you doing to the cases? Chamfering, primer pockets, flash holes, necks....and so forth?

Thanks guys! It might be a long shot but I thought I would check.

I cant speak to Bergers But I have several loads I use for a Rem. 7mm.

I have tried numerous powders and without question Reloader 22 gives me the best result.

I use Federal 215m Primer.

Remington Brass

OAL 2.771"

Coues Load:

62.5g RL -22

150gr Nosler Partition ( I used to shoot a ballistic tip with good performance, terrible penetration)

3095 Avg. Velocity - Chrono set 6ft from muzzle

Standard Deviation - 12 FPS

.498" 3 shot groups - I have repeated this within a hair for 3 years with the same rifle

Elk Load:

63.8g RL -22

175gr Nosler Partition

2895 FPS

Standard Deviation 6 FPS

.840" 3 shot group

I am shooting a Remingon 700 CDL.

With the help of a long time BR shooter, I tried dozens of powder and bullet combos. This rifle (and they are all different) shoots dimes with this load. I have full customer rifles with Lilja barrels, Krieger barrels, etc. and for some reason this load shoots great out of a stock remmy.

I know you had specifics to your question and this is not exactly that. However, this may give you a starting point and work from there.

Matt

Oh, and I am not weighting the brass but I am doing total brass preperation....cham, trim the necks, flash hole, etc.

Thanks mklong, I will have to give those a try. I have a lot of reloader 22 and 215m primers. Thanks for all your load info and your time. I have heard nothing but good from the paritions.