Santana Outdoors

144" gross Coues for sale

He should give it to the guy who hunted it for 2 years and has 2 years worth of trail camera pics.

For real??? Bah HaHaHa.... Yeah that is what I'd do... Pick up a world class coues head, pay to have it mounted, and then give it to one of potentially many hunters that were after this deer but were beaten to the punch by Mother Nature?? What- tever... LOL. Would love to see this buck in a world class collection... hope he gets a mint for it, but if I'da found it it would never leave my house unless it was replaced by a replica mount.... Good luck with the sale.

+1!!!

Seems there is a story behind this magnificent buck. Anyone care to fill in the lost details?

With all due respect, Gino, "beaten to the punch by Mother Nature"...what does that mean? Lots of guys get a good deer patterned every year. Sometimes the guy who is there when he slips up isn't the guy who has dedicated his life to following that buck. I remember something similar with a buck taken in Utah last year - maybe the biggest velvet muley I have ever seen, taken by a guy who is affiliated with some of the Western rags. Lots of internet bashing and stories of how he was taken out from under his cousin...blah blah blah...

As it turned out, the hunter with the perseverance to stay with that buck through storms and other obstacles ended up being the one hunter with a shot opportunity when it finally arose.

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know the full story behind this buck. But when the rubber hits the road, the guy who killed it was in the right place at the right time and made the shot.

For me, that’s enough to give kudos to the lucky hunter.

As a follow-up, I wouldn't pay one dollar for a deer that someone else killed - no matter the score. I don't understand the mentality of people who buy and display mounts that they didn't kill.

This buck was killed by a lion, I believe. It is an easy head to part with if you dont have an emotional tie to it... Personally if I had disposable cash I'd have a room full of aquired heads such as this... I just love looking at one-of-a-kind and big critters.... I'd have my dam wildlife building if I could... Critters are cool! HaHa... I'd sure like to know what this buck sells for...

I don't see a problem buying a mount like this... If you enjoy it and want it, I say buy it and hang it on a wall. I have paintings on my wall and I didn't paint them. Someday, when I have my cabin, if I haven't been blessed with the chance to fill it up with my own mounts, I would add to my small collection with pieces that I bought. Might even be helping out someone who has stumbled on some hard times and is selling the less important stuff to take care of the important things.

And, I would guess, some of the things that I have always wanted to add in my imaginary cabin, like mounts of squirrels, turkeys, ducks, etc. are probably more cost effective to buy from someone that no longer wants them than to have them mounted at a taxidermist.

As for buying this particular mount... I haven't yet given up on the idea that I can get one myself.