Sign in to follow this  
velvet marbles

Help from fellow hunters?? anyone with friends/family near Grants NM. please read

Hello,

My husband & a traveling partner were traveling through New Mexico on Saturday Dec. 3rd. They were involved in a serious traffic accident that resulted in their pick up truck rolling over & the 37' 5th wheel camper they were towing to become unhooked and landing on top of their truck. Both people came away from the accident with only bumps & bruises fortunately. They were traveling with 2 dogs. Both were ejected from the vehicle & one dog...a 1 1/2 year old vizsla ran away from the accident site & hasn't been seen since. My husband had to fly back home but they spent all weekend looking for the dog. I've been in contact with several local rescue organizations this weekend attempting to get as much local help as I can for the owner....who is still in Grants New Mexico.

I'm looking for anyone on this forum that may have friends or family in New Mexico near Grants that may be able to help spread the word to other locals to keep their eye out for the dog. The weather is not good in Grants new mexico right now.....so the dog's time is very limited out in the rugged terrain & cold weather.....and it may be too late already, but they are continuing to search. Below is a link to all the information about the situation & the area they are searching, the organization "dogs deserve better" is heading up the search....but there are many other groups that are helping as well. They have printable flyers attached to one of their links they have been posting in the area.

Please...any help would be appreciated. I know here in my state (michigan) there are still several hunting seasons still open. As a long shot....I thought I'd try to spread the word to anyone that may be hunting anywhere near that area. I know I put on a lot of miles when I go outhunting or scouting. I've been trying to do what I can from 1600 miles away for the owner and rescue organizations. Thank you.

Read more at Michigan-Sportsman.com: If anyone has friends or family in New Mexico....please Help!!! - The Michigan Sportsman Forums http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402394#ixzz1fmBWcrZO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****UPDATE**** Milton was found last night!!!!

Thanks to all that gave prayers, thoughts, and advice!!!! I don't know all the complete details yet. But from what I heard, after Milton & Amandas story was aired on a local news station they received a phone call leading them to someone who had found Milton.

Tickled Pink Weimaraner Rescue

♥ We took this photo of Milton & Amanda as soon as they reunited 5 days after he was ejected from the car they were in. ♥

he is seemingly okay. He has a few bumps and scrapes and sunburned nose and also raw patches on all four paws, making it difficult for him to walk. He sees one of our rescue vets tomorrow morning. Thank you for your support

Tickled Pink Weimaraner Rescue

♥ A very thirsty and very sore Milton receives some balm and socks on his feet before his last drink @ bedtime. He'll be seeing one of our rescue vets tomorrow ♥

He was found about 3 miles from the accident site, not far from where the Bloodhound tracked his prints and we set the live trap.

Read more at Michigan-Sportsman.com: If anyone has friends or family in New Mexico....please Help!!! - The Michigan Sportsman Forums http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402394#ixzz1fxPMB1kL

I am extremely happy to hear that Milton was found. I assumed the worse for this dog with the cold weather and all. Glad I assumed wrong. :)

TJ