Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

2012 Elk Regs Up

Pretty pumped about the elk regs (6 BPs) and hope to get one of my archery bull draws for sure but I am really super-pumped about the antelope regs!!! I finally feel like I have a fighting chance at one these antelope tags with 19 BPs. I will be pouring over the elk and antelope stats every spare moment I have until I submit my apps. Decisions, decisions.... :)

Lee

19 BP,s might get you a good antelope tag. Put in for what you want, dont settle. As far as 6BP for archery elk, good luck with that...

Ron

According to G&F tags are down this year.

"The Game and Fish Commission set 23,383 hunt permit-tags for elk (down 1,035 from last year). The commission also set 788 hunt permit-tags for pronghorn antelope (down 21)."

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/AZGFD-Commission-sets-23-383-permits-for-elk.shtml

Pretty pumped about the elk regs (6 BPs) and hope to get one of my archery bull draws for sure but I am really super-pumped about the antelope regs!!! I finally feel like I have a fighting chance at one these antelope tags with 19 BPs. I will be pouring over the elk and antelope stats every spare moment I have until I submit my apps. Decisions, decisions.... :)

Lee

19 BP,s might get you a good antelope tag. Put in for what you want, dont settle. As far as 6BP for archery elk, good luck with that...

Ron

Yeah Ron, I am only putting in for premium antelope hunts that I think I can really spend a lot of time scouting. The archery elk draw with 6 BPs is really a crap shoot, but somebody's got to draw. Good luck to you in the draws.

Lee

Lee

Ron

Yeah Ron, I am only putting in for premium antelope hunts that I think I can really spend a lot of time scouting. The archery elk draw with 6 BPs is really a crap shoot, but somebody's got to draw. Good luck to you in the draws.

Lee

6 bps should get you a tag as long as your not puting in for 9,10,3a 3c, 1, or 27.

Lee

Ron

Lee

6 bps should get you a tag as long as your not puting in for 9,10,3a 3c, 1, or 27.

WTH, were you looking over my shoulder? :lol: I am considering some of those units but I am also only going to apply for early archery bull. That makes it a crap shoot. I could easily get drawn for a late season archery bull with 6 BPs I think but that's not the hunt I want.

Lee

As a resident I drew my 1st early archery bull tag in 06 with 4 pts and another one in 2010 with 6 pts (loyalty / hunters Ed / 4 pts). That's every 4 years or 4 pts...I have 4 for 2012 so I hopin my string stays alive...

As a resident I drew my 1st early archery bull tag in 06 with 4 pts and another one in 2010 with 6 pts (loyalty / hunters Ed / 4 pts). That's every 4 years or 4 pts...I have 4 for 2012 so I hopin my string stays alive...

I would be good with that. My last archery early bull draw was 4 years ago. Which puts me at 6 BPs with education and loyalty points.

Yeah but keep in mind my streak was based on paper apps, now it's online and I think that'll screw the odds even more withe every body and their mother applying ... What used to take 4-6 pts might take 6-8. Remains to be seen I guess.

Yeah but keep in mind my streak was based on paper apps, now it's online and I think that'll screw the odds even more withe every body and their mother applying ... What used to take 4-6 pts might take 6-8. Remains to be seen I guess.

Good point.

Lee

Ron

Lee

WTH, were you looking over my shoulder? :lol: I am considering some of those units but I am also only going to apply for early archery bull. That makes it a crap shoot. I could easily get drawn for a late season archery bull with 6 BPs I think but that's not the hunt I want.

Lee

Check the moon phase on the late hunts before applying - The bulls are almost completely nocturnal when there is a full moon....