Sign in to follow this  
sergio88

Tiburon island Ram

It was so long ago, I don't remember any of the people who were there. I wasn't involved in the transplant. I was only at the gathering site for four or five hours, just long enough to take a few photos and interview three or four people.

I suspected that it wouldn't be long before the Seris moved back.

Bill Quimby

Bill,

I worked with Robert down at the PSE proshop and heard alot of great things about you. Thats really neat to know you were there when they first released the sheep on the island. I have spent 2 1/2 months watching these sheep and taking video & pictures. The sheep are still running strong on the island and have done great for them selves. This past hunt we seen 46 rams in two days of hunting which is really impressive.

As for the javelinas... they no longer exist on the island. I did see plenty mule deer and a couple that would hit the 180 mark with ease.

The Sires do not live on the island, but live right across the waters in their villages in Punta Chueca and Desemboque.

This hunt was lots of fun and cant wait to get our next hunter on, which happens to be pete shepley!

post-2952-0-54332700-1324618367_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-85548500-1324618457_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-45515400-1324618613_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-27041000-1324618699_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-91296200-1324618908_thumb.jpg

Great pics, and thanks for sharing the adventure.

I stand corrected on the Seris living on the island though.

I go off of what my family tells me.

Best of luck with the PSE crew.

As for Bill, yeah, we're lucky to have him.

Thanks everyone for the comments! :) It took alot of hard work from everyone to get this ram down and packed out! Just now getting home and when i have just a little more time i'll get into detail on the hunt with more pics and videos of the hunt. I gotta get to bed and do some last min Christmas shopping tomorrow! hahaha yikes :o

Given that it's close to Christmas and we all dream of that "red rider" BB gun under our pillow.

Imagine a hunt on Tiburon Island for rams that dreams are made of, and a voyage across the sea catching yellow fin tuna, el dorado and sailfish. And when the boat docks back onto the sand, with the sun turning into a red orb over a black sea, a warm welcome with a fiesta of colors and dancing and fire, shared amoung friends - all the bounties of the sea and land, lobster, crab, halibut, fresh picolte, a pig roasted over a spit...

As a hunter, I have a dream of what heaven might be, and that would be my heaven.

Sergio, it was really nice meeting you brother. I didn't put two and two together until I saw your pictures on your phone, :lol: LOL. You've got the dream "job" bro. Many blessings your way and may the Lord comfort you in a special way. Thanx for sharing, I'm still in awe of the sheep.

Ernest aka Crotalus