Sign in to follow this  
ChowDog

Unit 33 Mule Deer

Hey guys, new to the site only been archery hunting for a short time, shot my first buck with my diamond ice storm this year in August. just a little guy, spotted him bedded down under a tree from 600 yards, stalked up to 53 yards then started to stand when i shot then didn't even try just laid down. here is a photo of a 3x4 i found scouting the other day, he had 3 does a fork and a spike with him but they where staying in the bottom out of camera view. I have seen more and bigger bucks in 33 but i don't usually take a camera with me. not a very good pic but he was about 400 yards from me. i usually hunt 37A but so many off road traffic makes it tough. i want to find a new unit to hunt but have no idea of where to start.

dsc04360f.jpg

Where in 33 do you hunt? I Hunt off rail x ranch road in 37a and have seen some really nice bucks in there! The only thing is there are not many deer in there but when you find them there big! One mule deer unit I like for mulies is 36b!

• Like 1

i hunt by saddle brooke, and i hunt off powerline in rail x too there is a MONSTER nontypical out there but good luck getting a shot with a bow haha. Mr Whiting how you been buddy?

33 ... Love this area ... I just wish I could get permission to hunt the golf course.

It's extremely tough to hunt on the weekends ... the weekend warriors (quail hunters), really send the deer into a panic. Nothing worse than glassing quail hunters crossing the ridge where the deer are bedded ... brutal.

oh man i agree with you, i had a 160 buck comin in he was 80 yards i was waiting for him to come 20 more yards and out of nowhere a quail hunter blasted his scatter gun above me :( and i cant tell you exxaaactly where i hunt but its not off the main road but there are some good deer if u park between saddle brooke road and oracle jct and walk in. you will see deer

send me a pm, ill give you my number and maybe when im up there in january ill meet up with you and give you a place to go.

Shoot man i know how that goes!! thats why my first buck was a palmated spike with eye guards in velvet haha

oh man i agree with you, i had a 160 buck comin in he was 80 yards i was waiting for him to come 20 more yards and out of nowhere a quail hunter blasted his scatter gun above me :( and i cant tell you exxaaactly where i hunt but its not off the main road but there are some good deer if u park between saddle brooke road and oracle jct and walk in. you will see deer

Last season, I lost two bucks to quail hunters ... Once January comes the quail hunters will fade way out. If you are between saddlebrook and 77 then I have a really good idea of where you might be. I would bet my last dollar I might have bumped into you before.

Just out there this week and saw so many friggin does it was rediculous ... can't wait for the rut to get kicked into full effect -- heck, why wait? I'll be out there tomorrow AM.

i will be out there tomorrow afternoon till january 11th. ill PM you my number and if you want to meet up and see where each other will be so we are not on the same herd i would be ok with that haha i dont want to be stalkin something your after. just in case we are in the same area, i dont know though where i have been noone has parked close or been spotted so maybe i found a good spot where noone goes. besides the few human foot prints on my way in