Sign in to follow this  
Pixman

How much bigger can a muley buck get ...

I think this is the same buck. Look closely at the rear-end, notice the slant on the top part of the tail in both pics. The first 2 pics are from March 2010 and the last 2 are from January 2011.If it is him he gained a 6 inch spread or so! Let me know what you guys think.

post-4217-0-85034800-1326054933_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-33448000-1326054962_thumb.jpg

post-4217-0-23911600-1326055006_thumb.jpgpost-4217-0-98559300-1326055122_thumb.jpg

Impressive.....

:ph34r:

There are a lot of factors as to how much a bucks antlers can grow

Genetics has to be there

then Quality of feed and time they are getting that quality feed and for how long they are getting the feed at crucial antler pre growth and growth

also how many Does they breed...This has been proven at whitetail breeding farms that the more a buck breeds the less his antlers will grow the following season.. has to do with the chasing and possible fighting and the actual breeding ..and this is noticed even with supplemented feeds...also why many manged ranches want to keep the Doe population down for better bucks

What he said... Also from looking at the pics I think he's a young deer. Id say he has several more years of growth if the above mentioned takes place too... And if he lives through 2 more archery hunts, rifle hunts, and predadation.

Could be the same buck.... but I'm not convinced. Look at his rump (I winced just writing that). There is a dark spot on top of the white. On the first buck it appears to come down to a point, sort of like a diamond. On the second one it is more of a blob. Not saying that his hair couldn't change, but there are a couple diferences like that.