Sign in to follow this  
blaserman

Anyone Heard Of

I am thinking of hunting with aSonorian Outfitter.

The outfitter is Mexafari anyone know these people .

I started to ask about these people and I found that this is where Amanda Hunted .I saw that she wrote the article about them . I am booking a hunt with them. I found them on another web site and contacted them. I wrote this post

then found Amanda's article .Looks like i chose a good place.

Hope it works out good for you. From what Amanda wrote about her trip it sounds like you're in for a good one. Someday I'll get my turn down there.

The main guide Javier is a good guy. The place I hunted is his father's ranch. They have a lot of deer there and some very nice bucks. Have you spoken with Javier directly yet? He speaks english fairly well and it's a good idea to talk with him and tell him what you are expecting for your hunt. Some places on the ranch have good bucks, but limited glassing. Yet you can hunt them by moving slowly through the area. But if you don't like hunting that way, you can tell Javier you want to be in more open areas where you can glass. You can also choose to spend your whole day out in the field or come back to the ranch to have lunch and relax a little. I suggest if you go that you aim for the last week of January since the rut seems to peak around then for that area. Javier has some other ranches that sound good, but that I haven't been to.

You can email me directly if you have more questions about Mexafari.

Oh and Javier is donating a Coues hunt to the AZ Deer Assoc auction April 8. And he will be at the banquet/auction, so if you are planning to go you could meet him there and talk about your hunt.

Amanda