Sign in to follow this  
CEI

2012 NEW Cover Big Elk

1323878412257-1124158878.jpeg

I am not even sure if we posted this on CW.com, but here is the NEW cover. Keep in mind the 2012 Edition will not be published until July of this year. We are publishing DIY hunting stories now & we have a couple of CW.com members that are contributing. We have some great animals & stories to go along with the resources & businesses that support our way-of-life.

Why DIY stories?

First, we didn't even want to do stories, but the emails from others said you wanted to read them.

Second, we believe most people want to read about the DIY type hunts, because obviously that is how you do it most of the time. We also felt like guys will buy print at a higher rate, if the content is about something they are interested in. I personally want to read about Arizona or the other state's I apply for. I honestly do not care about many of the states I have no interest to hunt.

With that said, we do have some outfitter contributors & they help us with the field judging sections. We think they are great resources & provide some quality insight about animals inside their home state.

We are always looking for more stories & photos.

We have around 12-15 short stories so far & we want to PACK it full of them. We have been very lucky, as Arizona grows some GIANT animals & these hunters are getting it done! I was the exception this last year, but at least I can live through the successful ones.

Obviously, the size of the animal does help, but a great story or experience is what we are really after. We just talked with a guy that killed a 28" Muley with traditional equipment. This was an OTC tag & his first animal with traditional gear. He really felt it was not worthy because it wasn't a 190 buck. I disagreed & he is writing us a story now.

Also, you CAN be a GUIDE & submit your own story or your family members story! You are a DIY hunter, we just aren't excepting any client stories.

Craig,

Are you still looking for more DIY stories or is your next edition full already?

Amanda

We are always looking for more stories & photos, including Colorado stories.

We have around 12-15 short stories so far & we want to PACK it full of them. We have been very lucky, as Arizona grows some GIANT animals & these hunters are getting it done! I was the exception this last year, but at least I can live through the successful ones.

Obviously, the size of the animal does help, but a great story or experience is what we are really after. We just talked with a guy that killed a 28" Muley with traditional equipment. This was an OTC tag & his first animal with traditional gear. He really felt it was not worthy because it wasn't a 190 buck. I disagreed & he is writing us a story now.

Also, you CAN be a GUIDE & submit your own story or your family members story! You are a DIY hunter, we just aren't excepting any client stories.

Craig,

Are you still looking for more DIY stories or is your next edition full already?

Amanda