Healy Arms

Mountain Lion Hunting – Night Hunting Rules Update

As it was explained to me- the daylong hours and multiple bag limits were done to reduce the number of lions in several units but especially in the units they were releaseing antelope. (Which is why it was mostly the southern units) The plan was to have it only for a limited time to minimize the impact. If what I was told is correct- this is not a surprise at all but was already explained during the commenting period prior to releasing the regs the first year they offered daylong hours.

As it was explained to me- the daylong hours and multiple bag limits were done to reduce the number of lions in several units but especially in the units they were releaseing antelope. (Which is why it was mostly the southern units) The plan was to have it only for a limited time to minimize the impact. If what I was told is correct- this is not a surprise at all but was already explained during the commenting period prior to releasing the regs the first year they offered daylong hours.

Not only antelope but in units where bighorn are threatened and those ranges in AZ which now have lions and historically did not.