Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Anything to worry about this bill ?amendments/rewording/

I looked to see if there were any exceptions such as I'd expect to see. Unless I somehow missed them, it looks to me like taxpayers would have to provide secure storage and check-in, check-out services at all state and local government facilities.such as court houses and jails. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't have a lot of time right now, but could be a reaction that the Arizona Senate Judiciary Committee passed Senate Bill 1474 by a 5 to 3 vote this last week.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/02/arizona-senate-judiciary-committee-passes-campus-personal-protection-bill!.aspx

SB 1474 would prohibit a public university, college, or community college from adopting or enforcing any policy prohibiting the lawful carry of a concealed weapon by a valid concealed permit holder, or regulating the lawful transportation or storage of a firearm on the grounds of the institution. This self-defense reform would simply enable those legally allowed by state and federal law to carry for self-defense to do so on a college or university campus. The NRA fully supports this bill as introduced, and commends the effort by the Arizona legislature to curtail an invisible and arbitrary boundary relating to where a person can lawfully carry a firearm for self-defense.

Kent

I'm no expert. I don't really see a problem with it. It looks like it will provide increased protection for gun owners against current and future actions by the state and all subdividions that are detrimental.

I hope that we have a legal beagle on this site, that can really tell us what it says.

• Like 1

So you should have the right to carry a firearm into the courtroom, and when visiting someone in jail?