Sign in to follow this  
Newbster98

Youth April hunt in 4A/4B or 5A/5B

Any one have any sugestions were to go to take my nephew on his first every hunt. We can go to 4A/4B or 5A/5B. I am not asking for poeple to give up there secret spots just point me in the right direction to give a kid a successfull first hunt.

Newb

The Arizona Elk Society and National Wild Turkey Federation have partnered for years to offer a youth mentored Turkey Camp in the area you are looking. The camp this year is planned for Colcord Ridge Campground in Unit 23. We hunt all the units you mentioned and 23. Currently 23 is a draw but the rest are over the counter. We provide all the food, seminars, give-a-ways for the kids and have G&F officers and experienced turkey hunters to help you and the kids. The mentors in camp will go out with the kids and help them harvest a turkey. For more info anyone can go to the AZGFD website and go to Outdoor Skills Hunter angler Heritage Workgroup for camps all over the state for kids.

Steve

email is you need more info and can't find it. stevec@arizonaelksociety.org

Thank you for the info I contacted Rich and he got us all the info and signed us up. It sounds like it will be alot of fun and my nephew is so excited it is all he has been talking about since I told him. Thanks again.

Matt

Does anybody know if there Is any way to get back to chevlon canyon or lake to do some scouting before april? I know they have the main roads close right now but was wondering if u can get back there at all?

Does anybody know the forest road condition on the north end of 5b , like everybody knows gas prices are way up to scout , every year I run up and roads are all closed for Jeremy hunts