Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

2006 Hunt Guidelines

Doug,

UNFORTUNATELY, I think you are correct.  They take our results and kind of twist them to meet what they had in mind in the 1st place.  Its SAD.  I can tell anyone from first hand experience that these early hunts with HUGE numbers of hunters (in southern units) SUCKS.  You can't find a place to be where everyone else isn't.  It's dangerous and frustrating. 

The best anyone can do is to keep making a presence at ALL meetings and voicing our opinions as HUNTERS and OUTDOORSMEN!!!

Coues7

Coues7, don't take this as a personal attack on you, but I've hunted these southern units in Oct and Nov the last 5 years and I have absolutely loved it.

Now, with the proposed changes there are going to be less tags in the early hunts than the prior years (since tags are shifting to Dec) isn't that what most hunters wanted? It seems like the G&F has listened.

I am by no means close to being a wildlife biologist and I doubt 98% of us on this website are, not all comments made by the ignorant public can possibly be accommodated. I would like to review the 300 comments as Dave has to see the contrasting ideas (good and dumb). But from what I have read on other states wildlife departments, the Arizona Game and Fish is doing an above average job managing the wildlife in our state. Just look at what is happening in Washington and see the "starving elk on Mt. St. Helen's" for a good comparison.

Redman