Sign in to follow this  
Greenleaf

Hi all

Hi folks, this is my first post.

I haven't hunted Coues yet but I'm really looking forward to it. I once looked forward to moving to Alaska where I could hunt Dall Sheep year after year but that plan fell through. Then I heard about Coues hunting being the "poor man's sheep hunt" and it piqued my interest. Since then I've done a bit of research and I can't wait.

Looking forward to learning lots from you guys and gals.

Edited to add: I just realized that my post title says I had a question. Duh. I don't at the moment but rest assured I'll be throwing some out soon enough. :lol:

Edited by Greenleaf

Welcome to the forum Greenleaf! You certainly have picked a great species to pursue.

Are you a rifle hunter or an archery hunter or both? If you hunt with a bow, you are guarranteed to get a tag since archery tags are sold over the counter. If you hunt with a rifle, then you have to put in for the draw and might not get lucky. But there are some units that have 100% draw odds. So if you want to make sure you get a tag, look for those units.

Amanda

Greenleaf, welcome. You dont know yet but this is the site for actual knowledge and not just computer mumbo jumbo. Most of the people on here are not weekend hunters but avid addicts. You can find out more about coues here then anywhere else. The website owner Amanda is a biologist who spent alot of years at the San Carlos Indian res where she worked directly with coues deer, she is an avid hunter and has alot of fantastic info you cant get anywhere else. Most of the people who post here are true coues hunters and speak from experience and not just speculation. I am somewhat new to coues hunting 3yrs old and went through the process of trying to find more on coues and until this website poped up, it was real hard finding info. I bought Jack O'connor books with references to coues, looked in old magazines, called Duwane Adams millions of times and did what I could. Here you can talk to outfitters and hunters and get info faster and more specific. Again, welcome and enjoy........Allen Taylor............

Welcome Greenleaf

I hope you like this site, I think it`s fantastic and a lot of fun, Hey You know anything about camera`s?, I posted a Question in taking pictures and video, but haven`t got any feedback yet. Well again, WELCOME,and Good Luck. Coues Addict