Sign in to follow this  
ARIZOUTDOORSMAN

Tripod Pistol Grips?

I am looking for a pistol grip and possibly a tripod, grip combo. I have used the outdoorsmans grip and obviously had no complaints, but I am wondering if there is anything comperable for a little cheaper out there. I don't care for the horizontals or the plastic cheaps. Just wanted to check for a comperable grip and opinions before I spend the money?

I am looking for a pistol grip and possibly a tripod, grip combo. I have used the outdoorsmans grip and obviously had no complaints, but I am wondering if there is anything comperable for a little cheaper out there. I don't care for the horizontals or the plastic cheaps. Just wanted to check for a comperable grip and opinions before I spend the money?

I have both the outdoorsman head and the pan attachment and love it. There are other pistol grips out there but not many! Really there is noting compatible or even close to the quality of the outdoorsman head. The others seem to be really jerky and when glassing that is a bad thing. Most tripods and heads are for the photo industry and pistol grips are not very popular, thus the reason not a lot of options for them. My opinion is if you can't buy the outdoorsman head then get a good pan head! Best of luck thats just my .02 cents.

Bogan makes a grip for $100 to $125 depending on where you buy it. It works, weighs about twice as much. It is my backup and loaner in case something happens to my Outdoorsman set-up.