Sign in to follow this  
tgaab

Where to Hunt?

I live in Chandler and am pretty new to coyote hunting. I've been out a few times with no luck. I have tried off the 87 near highway 188 and off the 79 on 96 ranch road. Saw some deer at both locations but no yotes. I have been told that these areas receive a lot of pressure but people are (understandably) reluctant to share other locations that aren't hunted as often. Not looking to steal anyone's honey hole but would anyone be willing to point me in some directions that see less pressure? Just invested in a nice .223 and want to drop something :) Thanks in advance for any help!

Called in a few behind gold canyon. Back off of Peralta rd. if you have time to drive, go down south towards sonoita too. Its hard to hunt them near the valley. Called in a few by the town of Gisela. All along between there and roosevelt is good also.

I dont mind helping out. Shoot as many as you can.

Appreciate it! Gonna head up to Gold Canyon tomorrow morning. Will let you know how it goes!

Well I wasn't able to call anything in this morning but I did see about 6 or 7 mulies trotting through which was cool. As I was leaving I met the rancher and he gave me some good tips! He said they are everywhere out there and told me to come out there whenever I can. Thanks for the help nosajpo!

Good camoflauge and stay completely still while calling. Have your gun set up and ready to go before calling. Any movement at all and they will never come in.

+1

If you like to fish the salt lakes then try calling them. When the fishing gets tough then take a break and pull off anywhere and give it a try. Lots of coyotes near the lakes. Most people don't carry there calling equipment anf rifles while fishing. Bobcat country for sure but make sure it's still in season before you pull the trigger. Good luck. :)

TJ

If you like to fish the salt lakes then try calling them. When the fishing gets tough then take a break and pull off anywhere and give it a try. Lots of coyotes near the lakes. Most people don't carry there calling equipment anf rifles while fishing. Bobcat country for sure but make sure it's still in season before you pull the trigger. Good luck. :)

TJ

DB Cooper says +1!