Lance

What is your Coues deer set up?

NICE scope young buck! The extra power realy helps.

Hey LC,

Them Swaro scopes fog up. They're no good! :P

hi guys--- new to the site, and only 2 seasons huntin coues with one 8 point to show for my efforts. my rig is win. mod 70 stainless/synthetic with boss sys muzzle brake (works great) shooting handloads. 165gr nossler bt pushed by 63.0 gr rl22 @ 3000fps. so far this rig has accounted for one 3 point elk and the coues with the same loading. my binos are steiner predator 8xs, cant be beat for the money. Adding a pair of 12x or better this year to be mounted on tripod.

azbarehunter- Welcome to the site!

Is that deer you are saying is an 8 point a 3x3 with eyeguards? In AZ we typically call it an 8 point if it is an 8x8 with eyeguards. If it is an 8 point then you had better post some pictures!

You can post some if it is a 3 point as well!

Savage Weather Warrior - .270WSM

Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 in Leupold mounts

Minox 15x58's

Pentax 8x42's

Bogen tripod with fluid head

Eberlestock Just One pack

3 liter hydration bottle with hose.

Bushnell 800 yard Rangefinder

Booty cushion

Panasonic Z5 Digital camera

Garmin 12 GPS

Savage Weather Warrior - .270WSM

Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 in Leupold mounts

Minox 15x58's

Pentax 8x42's

Bogen tripod with fluid head

Eberlestock Just One pack

3 liter hydration bottle with hose.

Bushnell 800 yard Rangefinder

Booty cushion

Panasonic Z5 Digital camera

Garmin 12 GPS

DB,

How do you like your Minox 15x58's?

Love'em

I bought them when they first came out for $699. I've seen them now for as much as $1100.

hi guys--- new to the site, and only 2 seasons huntin coues with one 8 point to show for my efforts. my rig is win. mod 70 stainless/synthetic with boss sys muzzle brake (works great) shooting handloads. 165gr nossler bt pushed by 63.0 gr rl22 @ 3000fps. so far this rig has accounted for one 3 point elk and the coues with the same loading. my binos are steiner predator 8xs, cant be beat for the money. Adding a pair of 12x or better this year to be mounted on tripod.

sorry lance, i guess the 8 point count followed me out from illinois. that would be a 3x3 with eye guards, still a nice deer.

Hey guys, I just picked up a pair of Zeiss conquest 15X45's on ebay for $560, i've looked through all your gear lists and don't see many Zeiss binos on the list. I'm wondering everyone's opinion on them! My choice was the price (they retail for $829) I would love a pair of swaro's but they just don't fit into my budget no matter how hard i try to cram that number in the checkbook! anywho just wondering what everyone's .02 was! Thanks

Man, You guys have some nice setups.

I know ther have been more than a few jokes around the fire about my fine weapon of choice. I bought my Ruger M77 for $139.00 back in 1975 and topped it off with a fixed 4X leupold. I finally upgraded the scope about four or five years back with another (used Leupold 3X9) I bought from a buddy. The stock has been refinished once, but its no use anymore. I must fall more than you other guys. It looks just like our best cutting board. No sh_ t though it shoots really good. I shoot handloads 130 grain nosler ballistic tips. They are screaming at 3190fps. I use Zeiss 8 x30`s around the old neck and Zeiss 15`s on a tripod. I don`t pack a spotting scope and I agree with Bullwidgion. If they don`t look big in the fifteens they probably aren`t. I bought a Kifaru Pack about two seasons ago and it cost more than my rifle, both scopes, and my tripod. I really do like it though. Its a military type pack and very versatile. I only wear all leather boots, cause I hate shindagger, it goes right through the Cordura boots. Thats about it! Whew!

P.S. nice pic Casey

Later on Rich T.

Jdavid: Those 15x45 conquest are a very good glass. They dont take the place of longdistance glassing with 15x56 or 15x60 glass but for the price/performance they are very good. Make sure and use a tripod. Whenever I can afford getting another toy, I am getting the 15x45's to wear around my neck in place of the SLC 10x42's. I used a buddy's 15x45's Zeiss a couple years back and they are really nice.........Allen.......

jdavid

My 15`s are the new conquest`s that Allen uses. They are a good glass and with my tripod adapter,mount and a small case only weigh 32oz. I have been using them since January on sheep in the Kofa`s and Chocolate`s. My 8`s are the classic`s and I have used them for years. As I have gotten older I have tried every possible way to cut my pack weight down and its still really heavy. I hunt a lot in the desert and packing water is the key and also the butt kicker! At least for Me. I really like em.

Good luck Rich