Hello maybe some of you guys that know about anchor point and releases can help me with this.

I have a carter quickie release and about a month ago i bought the attraction which is a backtension release but when i went to the range i was shooting low on all my pins.

now does the anchor point change? is that why i'm shooting low?.

thank you for the inputs.

I found this online....hopefully it helps......Dont know much about a BT.....I am more mechanical.....good luck

both guys are right to a degree...there are many ways to shoot BT...every release can be fired with Bt but its easier with a BT release... a caliper release is probably the hardest to learn to do..

what your looking for is a complete surprise release when the shot goes off..

there are a couple of ways to do this. these are the 2 most common ...

1 ...push / pull ....this is tough to learn to do because you must push and pull with the same amount of force...the back muscles only on the release side do the pulling . this is the way i shoot....when the sight is floating in the center i start to push with my bow hand and pull with my release side Back muscles .. i totaly concentrate on the spot i want to hit.. when the release fires the bow arm drives to the target and the release hand comes back ... this is the result of a surprise release...

2... puller.... this is the same thing as above but the person only pulls with the back muscles and does not push with the bow arm.. again the target is engaged the same way but the shooter when the shot looks good starts to pull with the release side back muscles only.. this causes the release to fire and causes a complete surprise release...

there are a few good videos out there that can show how to do this.. if your really interested let me know and i will let you know where to find them..

Bt is easy to learn if you have the proper instruction...however a proper draw length is also just as critical along with the rest of good shooting form.. without being able to hold steady the hopes of using BT is useless......

Ya that is probably why you are shooting low. When I changed from a wrist strap to hand held I even had to change the draw length on the bow. I have seen guys go from one to the other and not change anything but most of the time a change in release will change everything. I shoot a Scott back tension for 3d and target and I shoot a Spot Hogg release for hunting. Both are hand held releases but I still need to change by bow setup from one to the other.

Thanks guys, very helpful, i'll try a few more times and if i still shooting low i 'll look into the draw length.

would you feel comfortable hunting with a BT release like the Attraction?