I always like the hunting shows that would come on cable early on Sunday morning. Right as the arrow was released, or before the trigger was pulled the screen would blur to a black screen as the sound of the shot was heard. Those were very well done I think, and when they showed the animal it was clear that it had already been cleaned up, and the tounge stuck back into it's mouth before the scene was shot.

If you are an elk junkie like me you have got to check out the elk hunting videos put out by the San Carlos Apache tribe, I play them at work in our high tech training/meeting room. It has Bose surround sound and a high definition projection screen. Next best thing to being there!

If you are an elk junkie like me you have got to check out the elk hunting videos put out by the San Carlos Apache tribe, I play them at work in our high tech training/meeting room. It has Bose surround sound and a high definition projection screen. Next best thing to being there!

I don't think I have ever heard of these videos. Is there a link to buy them online? Any local stores carry them? As you can tell, you have piqued my interest with that post. <_<

I agree with Mr. Q alot of them are unwatchable IMO with poor quality, poor ethics poor judgement, poor script, poor production & editing, poor execution, poor everything and leave me wondering why I just watched and wasted my time -- and why they even made the video in the first place. I've seen a few that I enjoyed but for the most part I'd much rather read a good book. Maybe even one of Bill's books.

If you get a chance, check out the video titled Beyond Adrenaline

Very well done, very ethical, and first rate production, IMO.

The brown bear and the leopard hunt are awesome.

here is the link Bass:http://www.sancarlosrecreationandwildlife.com/FORMgallery1.htm

I agree that allot of the hunting videos are garbage and their depiction of real hunting leaves allot to be desired, when I see one that makes me feel that way...............I turn it off.

Thanks for the link Az, I think I'm going to order the DVD.

When I go scouting, or hunting I try to take the portable DVD player to help take the edge off those long nights when you can't fall asleep, hunting videos tend to keep me up longer though. <_<

In my experience, and I guess you can tell I know alittle about this field, the videos I buy are for the most part better than the vast majority of tv shows. I DVR'ed alot of the hunting shows at first but most of them are so bad I couldn't take it. Now I just DVR a hand full of what I consider the best, such as Jim Shockey, The Best of the West, Christenson's Outdoors and a few others. I don't think the kill shot should be left out but we don't need to see the animals stagger around and flop around on the ground.

I just bought Archery Bulls 2 , which is Shane Patterson' Pending P&Y world record for elk - 414 - Shot here in the great state of ARIZONA!

The most interesting thing about the dvd is that the kill shot was not good , they even say so in the video (out loud). - It was low and fairly far back in the animal.....So he has the "luxury" of seeing the shot on video tape and makes a decision to not go find his arrow, have any chance at pushing the bull , and waits it out for 4 plus hours back at camp. They return to the same spot and 50 yards from where he shot it, there it laid. I learned more from that 10 minutes of video than watching hours & hours of "bad" footage. There was no stumbling, no animal crashing. Just an important part of hunting (showing patience) at the right time.

It took quite a bit of NERVE - NOT to peak around those Cedars and just take a glimpse of what he shot at...

I've pushed elk that have been shot clean through and never to be found again...

Nice collection Deerslam- <_<

AzP&Y

Doug