Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Deer opener = Dove opener

Knock on wood, but I heard that the monsoons are supposed to be above average this summer. Lets hope and pray that they are. Having the dove hunters on tanks could make the deer come to water more during midday or the afternoon or, worse, at night.

. Presenter: Leonard L. Ordway, Game Branch Chief. Consideration of Proposed Commission Orders: 19, 20 and 24 for the 2006-2007 Hunting Season. The Commission will consider and may vote to approve Commission Order 19 (dove), Commission Order 20 (band-tailed pigeons), and Commission Order 24 (sandhill cranes) establishing seasons and season dates, bag and possession limits, and open-closed areas. A detailed description of all proposals is available for public review at all Department offices.

Does any one have the detailed description of the proposals, it might be a good thing to look at otherwise some of us may go to the meeting and find out we are wrong, but that might be a good thing and at least we would be there for any other changes that they want to make.

Also did you read that online apps are extended until june 14th, is that to meet a quota or did a server crash.

If we do not get good rain this summer,you will not have to worry about sitting stock tank's.They will all be dry as a popcorn fart.

Noel

I don't sit stock tanks. They smell like poo and are over run with flies and mosquitoes.

I am pretty sure dove hunters will not care how many archers are staking out tanks. Archers are usually quiet and hidden, doves will still come in. Deer on the other hand may be another story, especially with round after round going off :P.

Bret M.

I am pretty sure dove hunters will not care how many archers are staking out tanks. Archers are usually quiet and hidden, doves will still come in. Deer on the other hand may be another story, especially with round after round going off :P.

Bret M.

I was trying to be funny. I guess I failed. The more I think about it, though, I don't think I'd be happy if I arrived before daylight at a stock pond where I'd shot doves for years and found an archer had beaten me to it. I'd go somewhere else, of course, but I would be grumbling all the way.

BillQ

The last time I went dove hunting I saw 5 guys in a lowrider cruising around the perimeter of the orange grove with guns sticking out through the sun roof. The drive had his sticking out his window and it was a scoped .22!

:lol: :huh: :P

I was hunting where the Power Ranch community, just north of Queen Creek now sits.

Desertbull those guys were from los angeles and that is the only way they know how to shoot, drive by, and if its flying they use the hydraulics.

The archery season always seemed like it opened in august, right, and the dove opener has always been the first of september, either way you look at it I think most dove hunters are going to hunt tanks that they can get to in their vehicles, I don't know of many that hike to far to shoot dove, so if your tank or water hole is off the beaten path you probably won't see any dove hunters and the deer might be more inclined to use a tank that is a little more remote which is better for us I think.