Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Need info on Utah Boulder Mountains fly fishing

I've wanted to go to the Boulder Mountains in Utah for a long time. I think I will finally be able to make the trip this summer. Does anyone have any info on that area? I would love to get info on the various hike in lakes and streams. It sounds like an Awesome fishing adventrue. Have any of you guys gone fly fishing up there? If so please give me a call so we can talk about it.

Thanks,

Adam

928-595-1554

Adam I did some fly fishing there about 3 years ago, we backpacked into Deer Creek lake and camped out a few days! From there we hiked to other lakes as well! One of the best trips I have ever done, we pumped water from a spring, ate fish for our dinners!!!! Caught a ton of brooks, cutthroats and saw some tiger trout that wouldn't play nice and take our flys!!! Some of the biggest trout I have ever seen was on this trip!

I have fished there numerous times. There are so many lakes and streams up there you could spend months fishing them. I think just about every stream you drive by has trout in them. I just got back from Utah this past week and caught some nice Brooks out of Navajo Lake. PM me if you want more info on the Boulders. Here is a few pics from Navajo Lake.

post-2799-0-86361400-1337542548_thumb.jpg

post-2799-0-89180200-1337542583_thumb.jpg

post-2799-0-06334900-1337542663_thumb.jpg