Sign in to follow this  
devilincatcountry

cable jumping off of roller guide wheel??

I just had a string/cable replaced on my mathews switchback, shot it maybe 75-100 times and the cable started jumping off the roller wheel!!! Does anyone know what would cause this? Never had this happen before, and have shot thousands of arrows out of this bow before!!

Perhaps the pro shop installed the string and cable wrong and placed them on the wrong roller. If you are holding the bow as if you are going to shoot it the cable should be on the left roller. It is also possible that you have bad wheel lean.

Haha sounds to me like you might have taken it to sportsmans warehouse?

thats funny right there!

a running joke! lol!

James

Sounds like way too much cam lean. Whoever installed it probably didn't check it. Its an easy fix takes 2 minutes all you do is put and extra twist or untwist on one side or the other cable ( where it splits left and right ). Take it to your shop cause it needs a bow press. Wheel and cam should be almost paralell. Hope that helps.

Took it to shop , they took lean out made some minor adjustments. Shot the bow there and nothing, looking good. Took it to range last sunday, sighted in shot approximately 100 arrows and nothing!! Go to sunrise first arrow out, guess what happens??? Yup cable jumped roller!!!Talking about being MAD!!!Taking it back tomorrow?? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: