Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

wyoming antelope

so, i really really want to go antelope hunting and my dad said he would take me for my graduation from colllege next year. i am looking at going on a combo mule deer/antelop hunt in wyoming. is this possible? i would like to take a antelop buck and doe as well as a mule deer buck. any suggestions on guides to get in contact with? has any body done this? what kind of shots did you have? thanks!

casey, I have done this a couple of times and you can do it self guided depending on your expectations. There is alot of public land and alot of antelope. The muley's are all over as well but you need to work real hard for a good buck. An average 4 point muley and a decent 14" antelope all in one trip is very realistic self guided. Figure out what area of the state you want to hunt, call the game manager, call the chamber of commerce in the closest city and get a list of "Landowner sponsors" that charge a small fee to trespass on their land to hunt. I have paid around 300.00 for trespass fees to hunt both deer and antelope combined. Make sure and do your research so you dont hunt land that has been overhunted...........call the game manager and make him a friend, they can clue you in on who to call for private land access and what size of animals to expect....................Allen............