Sign in to follow this  
firemangolfer

Unit #9 Antalope

Any word on rainfall in unit 9? We have two (2) tags and have not herd if the tanks are filling up.My brother and I both drew tags, we had 21 and 18 points, any body else? We will be going up in about 10 days to look over the conditions.

Thanks we will be up this weekend for three days. Starting on the west side. Then moving to the south and east. Any other information would be appreaciated. Thanks.

Bring your snorkel and flippers, we're getting pounded again. I was told that Tusayan has recd 31/2" of rain for the month of July!

Azsagebrush

Wow Hope so, Last I heard Game and fish were hawling water to the trick tanks. I have rifle Deer and Turkey in 9 , So if you see some bucks , would you let me know or turkeys.

I will be up their for Archery Deer and Turkey also. and I will do the same for your hunt.

We went up last wekend and spent three days looking around, saw lots of young bucks with the does on the flatts on the west side. Nothing that we judged to be over 80 in. Two might come close to 80 but mass is not there. Don't think the mature bucks have moved into the area with the does. As for deer we only saw one doe by her self, and no turkeys. We only spent half of sunday on the east side, spent most of our times on the south and east. Most of the deer that we usually see are north of that area in the Bucklar area.

All the tanks were full or very near full several on the west side were over full. On the east side the tanks on the Babbit were nearly full, it was raining when we left around noon on sunday.

I herd that Vaquers Outfitters took hunter in unit 9 and killed a good buck this weekend with the governs tag. Any one seen pictures yet?

Dangit! I had heard they were out there, it's probably true. That would be 1 less big buck in Unit 9, and there weren't many to begin with!