Sign in to follow this  
utah400elk

Help with the draw question?

I am looking for a little help with a few questions about the draw. I am a non-resident and have only drawn a tag in AZ one time back in 2005 or 2006. I applied this year for hunt 1018 and 1013 (12b late and 12AE early) in this year’s draw. I have the print out from Game and Fish. I applied using a Cabela’s Visa and I had 7 points going into the draw. I thought I should have been about 100% draw odds but have had no activity on my card. Last week, on a few websites, people were claiming they got emails from the game and fish asking them to verify their cards before the draw ( I never received an email like that). It looks like there was a bunch of activity this week with cards being charged but as I said nothing on my card. I know that I didn’t have any real shot at 12B late but I thought I would draw 12AE. I there still hope for the 12AE tag? Am I too early with these questions, or should I wait for the official draw results? I called Cabela’s and there have NOT been any declined charges. I also have the print out from the charges to my card ($7.50) for the application. Any help would be great…

First you would have to sign up for the newsletter from G&F to have received that email regarding the update of your cc.

I cant help you with your draw odds question but good luck.

Based on last year's 20% bonus pass report, 7 BP should give you a good chance to being looked at. One possibility would be if the 10% NR cap was met before your number came up. Unfortunately, AZGFD does not publish when,at what BP level, the NR cap is met. People with more than 7 BP may have switched over to 12E in their hunt choice, also. I would wait until the draw reults are posted online next week.

Odds are that alot more people put in since they don't have to front as much $ with the online draw. The number of applicants this year compared to last will be higher IMO.

i can see your situation. I don't think they are done drawing yet there is still hope. Red Rabbit has good info