Sign in to follow this  
racer85304

gps maps

I am looking at purchasing the az map from gps hunting maps but am unsure. I have always used my gps(currently a garmin venture hc but soon upgrading to a garmin rhino radio/gps) just for way points and if needed just took lat and long from gps to find my location on a map. My question is are they worth it and why. Do you really need the gps map with private land for az? Both my dad and i have the same gps but would have same ones when and if we upgrade to the rhinos. Does anyone know if i would have to buy two of the gps cards to do both gps or will one work for both of ours?

Thanks

Justin

I use GPS hunting maps and love it. I got the download for my GPS and another one. I have also gotten the SD card version for a worker of mine. Both work fine. I use just the BLM version also, I didn't pay extra to have landowner names on the private property. With the BLM version, you can still see property boundaries, just not the name of the land owner.

With the download version, you could use it on 2 GPS (back a couple years ago when I bought it anyway). With the SD card, I think you would have to buy one for each GPS, but best to ask GPS hunting maps for exact details.

You will love having a map on your GPS, it's way nicer than the old way (just waypoints like you are doing now and I did for years).

I use gps maps as well. Have been impressed with the updates the last couple of years. They now have hunt unit boundaries, wilderness boundaries, land ownership, and much more. When I bought mine it was good for 2 units as well, so if you change GPS's frequently it could end up being an expensive option? I think they are a good investment, specially if you are out a lot in unfamilliar country. The bigger screen you have the more you will appreciate. Good luck