Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

7mm Rem Mag and Federal 110 grn Barnes Triple-Shock

I have also found that the 140 bullets like the Nosler ballistic tip are very accurate in the 7mm Mag. Like Nighthawk, I use IMR 4350 but my load is 64.5 gr. This load has been accurate in every gun we've tried it in. 1/2 to 3/4 at 100 yards is pretty typical. I have had many three shot groups in one hole with this load. The 140gr seems to stabilize really well in the 7mm Mag. I agree that the 110gr will probably not be very accurate at 3500 fps. I think it is just too light.

I have also found that the 140 bullets like the Nosler ballistic tip are very accurate in the 7mm Mag. Like Nighthawk, I use IMR 4350 but my load is 64.5 gr. This load has been accurate in every gun we've tried it in. 1/2 to 3/4 at 100 yards is pretty typical. I have had many three shot groups in one hole with this load. The 140gr seems to stabilize really well in the 7mm Mag. I agree that the 110gr will probably not be very accurate at 3500 fps. I think it is just too light.

Totally agreed! You can put a corvette engine in a station wagon, and it will be faster but it will still drive like a wagon haha.