Sign in to follow this  
ACH

20B Rifle hunt

Hey everyone just looking for some advise on where to hunt 20B. Anything will be greatly appreciated. This will be my second hunt ever. I don't have all of the greatest equipment. But I love to be out in the country. Saw a few deer last year only one buck he was far for me try shoot.

to let everyone know went scouting for about 8 hrs to learn all the roads and what not. Talked to a local and he said the deer pattern has changed a lot since the gladiator fire and lost most all the turkey and bear in the unit. gonna be tough. still any advice would appreciated. Thanks ACH

I have the same tag. Have you only scouted the northern part of the unit? I haven't been scouting too much yet as it's still too hot.

This is the very first time I've hunted deer in 20B, but I've spent a lot of time hunting coyote and javelina in there. I've seen them everywhere from Constellation to Lake Pleasant to Bumblebee. The key seems to be finding water. Once the weather cools down a little more I'll get out there. Send me a PM and we can compare notes.

didn't lose much game to the fire, they just moved, I have pics of a flock of gobblers feeding along the fire edge, and all the crews saw fresh bear tracks, the game is there, you just need to find where they moved

Pretty much Crown King up into horsethief. Triing to find them, seems to be water all over the place right now. Plan another trip in the next few weeks.