Sign in to follow this  
flatline

Unit 6A

Strange rut this year, the big ones hadn't come out yet it seems. Several people took smaller bucks with these tags in multiple units. Mama Nature doesn't pay attention to our calendars.

Sorry the hunt didn't go as you had hoped. The northern range units should only be hunted by those with lots of time and experience with that unit and how to hunt coues deer there. The southern units are very different and a better bet if you don't have the time, and I mean more than a weekend trip or 2. I hear this every year in the 6A, 6B, 8, 21 type units. The populations are smaller and are in little areas, so you can spend days of looking in the wrong spot. I know 6A can produce some of the best bucks each year, but it is a really tough task. Try the units in the southern half of the state and I bet you will have better luck.

Keep your head up, at least you got to go hunting!

Sorry the hunt didn't go as you had hoped. The northern range units should only be hunted by those with lots of time and experience with that unit and how to hunt coues deer there. The southern units are very different and a better bet if you don't have the time, and I mean more than a weekend trip or 2. I hear this every year in the 6A, 6B, 8, 21 type units. The populations are smaller and are in little areas, so you can spend days of looking in the wrong spot. I know 6A can produce some of the best bucks each year, but it is a really tough task. Try the units in the southern half of the state and I bet you will have better luck.

Keep your head up, at least you got to go hunting!

Thanks,

I will probably put in the southern half might be easier on my son and i till i figure these little ghost's out. The one buck that stood there for about 30 seconds at 500 yards would of scored 100+, We should've tried to shoot maybe but i thought we could close the gap. Maybe next time.