Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

ATV Repair Help?

I was in a pretty bad ATV accident during the early part of this past summer. It has been a few months now and, with surgery and lots of physical therapy, my leg/knee have come a long way. It's time to start looking into what it will take to repair my ATV.

The ATV is a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 700

There does not seem to be any damage to the engine. It appears to start and run fine, as does the winch on the front which was used to help get it out of the forest. The primary damage is on the front end from the impact with a rather large tree trunk.

If you or someone you know does this kind of repair work for a reasonable price, and could help get me an estimate of what this kind of repair might cost, please PM me.

Thanks

post-6408-0-11489900-1348441901_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-38133500-1348441913_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-19522200-1348441921_thumb.jpg

A lot of people part out wrecked ATV's on Ebay. Might look there for some of the plastic, lights, etc that need to be replaced.

Replacing the rear axles and entire rear suspension bearings, bushings etc on my 2001 Polaris 500 right now and I found you can get all OEM parts a lot cheaper shopping around on the internet and doing all the labor yourself.

I choose this route cause (I don't have enough toys) and most the dealer shops wanted $105.00 labor and parts were marked up more than 20% in some cases.

Ebay, polarispartsmonster.com, cheapcycleparts.com, babbitts online.com, atvpartsconnection.com, just to mention a few all similar prices.

The front axle that looks broke in your photo I would try ebay you can get the entire assembled shafts ready to go on and there are a lot of models avaialble at decent prices.

Also all these sites allow you to print out the entire parts schematics (entire assembly) for what ever section of the Polaris your working on.

And that makes it extremely easy to put back together.

Good job on your recovery,

Be safe!

Dan