azcamohead

Unbelievable Dept. Mess UP!!!

Catclaw awesome reply! Thats a really awesome point as well! IT SHOULD BE ILLIGAL TO PUT IN WITH THE CC, because your right it is a lottery! We have to get something going to get rid of the online application, so long as the dept. gets all the money up front they will still be able to make a killing of all the hunters putting in, b/c then they will have twice the cash in their accounts drawing interest. Any suggestions on how we can start the process of trying to get rid of online apps???

Here's my take on it- Can you buy a lottery ticket with a credit card??? No- it's against the law- in every state that has a lottery.

The big game draw in AZ is a lottery. Period.

Apply online so that you can correct any errors. Get a confirmation # and then send in your check. If you can't afford it up front, you can't afford it period. Those who say that they have to put in for a whole bunch of tags just to draw one, use an application service who will fund it for you or borrow the money from the bank. I know a lot of guys who borrow $15K every year to apply all over the west for everything so they can hunt something.

This process now is a real nightmare!

The big game draw is NOT a lottery, we are not trying to win money. You are really reaching.

The Big Game is a lottery. Ask the Dept. they will tell you them selves. Or read online..... And that is not even the point though. The point is some of us would ACTUALLY LIKE TO HUNT AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVE in are OWN STATE!

well u can get all the signatures you want it isnt going to help cancel the on line app process cause as it has been stated before an "extra" 30,00 people applied only cause of the online process well do the math thats 30,000 x 5 (app fee) thats an extra 150,000k game and fish banked because of the pay later online apps but notice how they took the $5 fee right away its all business so dont take it personal.

well u can get all the signatures you want it isnt going to help cancel the on line app process cause as it has been stated before an "extra" 30,00 people applied only cause of the online process well do the math thats 30,000 x 5 (app fee) thats an extra 150,000k game and fish banked because of the pay later online apps but notice how they took the $5 fee right away its all business so dont take it personal.

No personalness....taken...LOL :lol:

How ever, i know as well as them, that in true fact if they took all the money UP FRONT, they would make 5 times as much on the interested alone. Because instead of only getting 5 bucks from people they would be getting well over a hundred bucks from each person and times that by 250,000 applications!!!!! THATS A BOAT LOAD OF INTEREST ON ALL THOSE MILLIONS.....25...... So they should have no problem! I personally feel the dept. has the online application for convience, and time/money saving.....

LOL, to be honest i could careless what method they use cause i will put in no matter what. i like the online app just for the fact i can put in while still in my underware :lol:

azcamohead,

I am curious, what hunts did you apply for? It sounds like you didn't get drawn at all and I wondered if the odds were very low for your choices. I doubt 95% of hunters study the odds and results of previous hunts as much as I do and I like to think that is why my family and I get drawn pretty well. It definitely pays in the long run to play the odds, but sometimes the unlikely will happen. For example, most hunters did not realize there was a 600% increase in 34A Dec WT tags this year, but I spotted it and figured this was the year to put that hunt as my number one choice and my buddy and I got the tags. But as the exception to the rule, I put my wife in for only 2 choices for deer - (1st) 12A East late and (2nd) 12A West late with draw odds of 2% and 4% respectively. I did this more to earn her bonus points but she would still have a snowball's chance in heck of getting a fantastic tag. You know darn well, she got her first choice on her first try for the Kaibab! If I wasn't so happy that I get to go, I might have pulled my hair out. But somebody has to be in the 2% that got drawn and I'll bet most of those that got drawn had a lot more years of trying than she did. I have to admit that the online draw has been good to me and my all AZ family but even if it went away I think there will be enough hunters applying for hunts that you need to apply smart and play the odds.

Lee

So the whole point of this site is hunting, how, when, why, where(sometimes :lol: ), with what etc. It seems like after every draw everybody complains about it and blames the nonresidents for taking their tags(just judging from the az hunters coming to NM this year vs. Nm hunters to Az the AZ hunters came out way ahead and I know there are alot of NM hunters not going because their tag went to a non resident since we give out 22% of our tags to nonresidents!) You guys should quit your whining and moaning and singling out groups of people and deal with the fact that you were not drawn(regardless of the reason)! We are all here to support and help one another in the great sport and passion of hunting and whining and moaning about who got tags and who did not does not do that. The other thing is everybody talks about sending petitions for this and for that about the draw, but it seems to me that there are alot of sayers of the word , but few doers! I respect the doers for their diligence and ignore the others ! If you want to have input you need to GIVE IT!!

Remember we all put in with the hope of getting drawn, some did and some did not, that is why it is a draw! It happens every year and will regardless if it is hillbillies in TN or Crackers in Virginia doing the drawing, and there will always be people not happy, well suck it up and get out your shotgun!

But quit bashing the people who put in and did it right and got drawn, they say hunting is 90% luck and 10% skill and this year was not your lucky year! AG

The Big Game is a lottery. Ask the Dept. they will tell you them selves. Or read online..... And that is not even the point though. The point is some of us would ACTUALLY LIKE TO HUNT AT SOME POINT IN OUR LIVE in are OWN STATE!

well they may call it that but the reason you cant use CC in the state lottery is because of people trying to gamble ther life savings away.

It sounds like you are being a baby because you didnt get drawn. Its called the luck of the draw. Just because you live here doesnt mean you will get a tag every year...so stop crying. I applied in every state you can apply in and only drew 2 tags. You act like the state owes you something. how many years has it been since you have had a tag?

It sounds like you may not know how to play the odds, If you will send me a PM I will be happy to help you.

The reasons for online apps are numerous-ease of use for the hunters, ease of processing(provided the company with the contract has their act together)to name a few. I like the online process. i don't have a bunch of money floating out there for 1-2 months and their is plenty of time to fix my screwups. I bet G&F loses money with the online process. They don't get a bunch of upfront money to deposit in the accounts and earn interest. Overall, I think it is user friendly and helps my wallet out. I don't apply if I can't afford to take the hit if all apps get drawn (which has never happened and never will). Bottom line, there are more hunters than hunting opportunities. That comes with a growing population. As i said in an earlier email- if you don't get drawn for your pet hunts, there are always some archery opportunities available.

yes- there are a few people out there that put the whole family in for permits even though some of them don't hunt, but that's a very small number in the grand scheme of things. I too have a bunch of bonus points for antleope and Rocky Mountain Bighorn(already got my Desert Bighorn). One day my ship will come in. I think some things could be done different to increase the odds but yelling at people not to apply or thinking that the online process is killing it is just wrong. Maybe a waiting period after you get drawn for a premium hunt or a rifle bull/antleope tag would work. I would be willing to forgo a few years if it will increase my odds and everyone elses.

To compare a hunt "Lottery" to the powerball is just asinine. This isn't even logical. Your comparing apples and oranges. Once gain- just my two cents.

trufleth

Guys remeber that having to buy a license up front put the non-residents out $117 just to apply. I think if there were actually 30K more apps then a disproportionate number of them were residents. I would question that number.

Dont bash the non-residents because USO was stupid.