Sign in to follow this  
More D

Any word on the Winchester Apex MZL?

I was blessed with a smoke pole bull tag and now have a great excuse to buy a new muzzel loadeder.

I have came across this one. It looks like it is built by CVA but it they have stainless steel barrels instead of nickle. Any one have any experence with them?

Thanks

:ph34r:

I have an APEX. They are made in Spain if I remember right. The one I have uses the "falling block" type primer, and hammer rear end. I shoot the 3 50/50 powder pushing a 125gr. sabot round dead on at 100 yards open sights. It is drilled and tapped for a scope, but I just never put one on it. My dad also uses a CVA muzzle stuffer but I can't remember the model. His has a scope with see through rings, and uses the same load with great accuracy. I havn't hunting with mine very much, but still take it to the range to shoot every now and then. It's fun to watch all the high tech 10-22 shooters get upset as the large black cloud drifts down the line. :D

Just ordered a Win Apex from Cabelas, seems like an awesome deal right now but they're backordered, so I'll have to wait. I ordered the mossy oak, stainless and hope i get to use it on my dec muzzy hunt here in AZ!

I ended up ordering the blk/stainless thru the cataloge because the Cabelas up in the Phx area did not carry them at all.

I am very happy with it so far. I am heading out to the 3-points range weekly to get it dialed in.

Az coues addict,

They did have this MZ at the Sportsmans Wherhouse here in Tucson for about the same money, + or - $10 in the same model you ordered. I am heading out that way Friday and I would be happy to stop by and see if they still have it, at least that way I have an excuse to go, if you like. That way you won't have to wait for the back order.

:ph34r: