Sign in to follow this  
AZ8

What did I do wrong?

Amanda - great video of trail cam pics - I really noticed something I've been saying all along-

Some" older " bulls drop antlers very early - it shows a bull with no antlers on 2-11 and by 4-09 he's already showing good growth - all thru into may and on the 26 th the picture shows huge antler development - hes still got jun - july and august before they are suppose to start rubbing off velvet - . did you move the camera or are there any pics of when he may have been rubbed clean.

i've seen big bulls with great antler growth - up to 6x6 velvet in late may - while turkey huniting and some scoff at the idea fof the antler development that early.

Finding spots to mount a camera - out of the wind - which direction it faces is key but as Amandas clip shows the angle of pointing down can give you both at once , less chance of a windy day clickin empty pics and no need to worry about the direction of the sun!

I'm a novice trail camera guy and it takes time to learn a few things . Everyone here has been great in offering advice and seeing others pics helps a lot - - I know i learned a few things -