pollohombre

Strip Super Raffle Buck

I seriously doubt that a regular tag holder has spent the time in the field to repeatedly locate a buck enough to pattern him and then have the auction tag holder shoot him a couple of months before the season. If he was out there enough, he would have bumped into other guides before the season.

RR

It has happened in other states. I know for a fact.

Oh, and there aren't many 200" typicals running around anywhere so I can see that scenario happening to your bud.

I have no problem's with the hunter's or the guides that guide them.My problem is with whoever is in charge of giving these tag's out .When I hear the word public land it make's me think that the general (public)has access to the resources.When you sell the resource for hundred's of thousands,then you take the word public out of the equation.There are ton's of private ranches here in the U.S., Mexico and Canada where spending this kind of money is good.As far as the comment's above about the money that is generated as opposed to the general tag.I would give a extra $5 dollars a tag if it would stop these tags.

Noel

I have no problem's with the hunter's or the guides that guide them.My problem is with whoever is in charge of giving these tag's out .When I hear the word public land it make's me think that the general (public)has access to the resources.When you sell the resource for hundred's of thousands,then you take the word public out of the equation.There are ton's of private ranches here in the U.S., Mexico and Canada where spending this kind of money is good.As far as the comment's above about the money that is generated as opposed to the general tag.I would give a extra $5 dollars a tag if it would stop these tags.

Noel

The general public does have access to these tags as well as the lands. The last time I checked we do live in the great USA. The freedoms we have allow us the chance to make ourselves very rich. it is possible for all of us to make millions of $$$, it just may not be probable.

I have had a conservation permit for desert bighorn. I can?t afford to buy one at an auction so I purchased 850 raffle tickets and won the tag. $8500.00 that was pretty cheap if you ask me.

Michael,

I guess I am confused.Are you telling me you agree with the auction tag or not?.You said you got your tag by a raffle.It is not a issue with me as how much money You ,me or anybody else has.This is a moral issue for me.If you had the money to buy the auction sheep I could care less.Like I said above,I have a problem with the people who give these tag's out.

Michael,

I guess I am confused.Are you telling me you agree with the auction tag or not?.You said you got your tag by a raffle.It is not a issue with me as how much money You ,me or anybody else has.This is a moral issue for me.If you had the money to buy the auction sheep I could care less.Like I said above,I have a problem with the people who give these tag's out.

Why is it an issue? The state makes a lot of $$$ for our wildlife . To me that is very important. I don?t care who gets them or who issues them. It is a great way for people to make a tax deductible donation to our game and fish department.

I am for wildlife first.

I think that we must all see what this money is spent on and how it benefits our wildlife before we make our minds up about who is giving out tags.

These tags bring in millions a year through out the west. A portion of it also goes to organizations like SCI, FNAWS, MDF, RMEF & others that do a lot for our wildlife. Why would you have an issue if in the end our wildlife benefit from these dollars?

Michael,

The million dollar question is do the wildlife really benefit.Or is this money absorbed by fat pocket's.I hunt for the meat and close bonding between family and friend's.Yes I have been fortunate to have taken some very respectable animals.But when I see our animal's sold to the highest bidder for horn's alone.It worries me about the future of hunting.

Hunting

Michael,

The million dollar question is do the wildlife really benefit.Or is this money absorbed by fat pocket's.I hunt for the meat and close bonding between family and friend's.Yes I have been fortunate to have taken some very respectable animals.But when I see our animal's sold to the highest bidder for horn's alone.It worries me about the future of hunting.

Hunting

I hear you, but let me assure you that none of the game and fish are driving a new porsche. :rolleyes: Secondly they are not selling an animal or its horns, they are selling an opportunity to hunt with NO season.

And yes the wildlife benefit, I have seen this first hand. Have you ever seen a wild sheep trap and transport or relocation. The same goes for mule deer, elkand antelope. relocation is only a small part of it. What about all of the man made drinkers in our hunt units? Who do you think pays for these?

I guess we can agree to dissagree.

And yes the wildlife benefit, I have seen this first hand. Have you ever seen a wild sheep trap and transport or relocation. The same goes for mule deer, elkand antelope. relocation is only a small part of it. What about all of the man made drinkers in our hunt units? Who do you think pays for these?

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THIS IS NOT TRUE?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just curious? All you guys who disagree with auction/raffle tags, why do you continue giving your money to an organization who you feel is not spending that money wisely? If your truly in it for the wildlife in this state why don't you spend your money on an organization that you do believe is dedicated to your cause? Please know I mean this with all respect, but I do enjoy a good debate!

I agree with Michael on this one. Like he said this is AMERICA where the possiblities for individuals are limitless. The tags are sold at PUBLIC auction which means you or I have the opportunity to bid on them. (wheather we can afford it or not is another issue.) To pay that much $$ for a tag a guy would have to have a passion for hunting,and the aminal he pursuits, and to suggest that it was just a horn hunt and the meat went to waste is not right. In most cases these are tax right offs, they are considered a donation, so I ask the question "If you made enough money to afford one of these tags would you rather write a check to the IRS fo six figures oooor write a check to the RMEF, FNAWS, ADBSS ...etc. get to go hunting, and get some tax benifits, and at least know that your $$ has somewhat of a chance to work for something that you love..HUNTING?" Because if you write a check to the IRS its not going to give a dang about a waterhole project or a in the middle of nowhere Arizona. I know what I would do!

Michael,

I do not know if all of the money goes to a good cause or not.I do know there are better way's of getting that money.Like raising the tag fees.That was probally not a fair comment I said about the money going in to the fat pocket's.Because I have no evidence of that myself.

Shortpants,

I have to support the game and fish financially because I am a law abiding citizen.This does not mean I have to agree with every thing they do.

Jack,

I never said they waste the meat.But to say they are not after the big horn's is crazy .Also if they want a tax write off they can donate all the money they want to all the game orginizations.

Michael,

I do not know if all of the money goes to a good cause or not.I do know there are better way's of getting that money.Like raising the tag fees.That was probally not a fair comment I said about the money going in to the fat pocket's.Because I have no evidence of that myself.

Shortpants,

I have to support the game and fish financially because I am a law abiding citizen.This does not mean I have to agree with every thing they do.

Jack,

I never said they waste the meat.But to say they are not after the big horn's is crazy .Also if they want a tax write off they can donate all the money they want to all the game orginizations.

your response:

Also if they want a tax write off they can donate all the money they want to all the game orginizations.

what do you think they are doing? they are donating, they are just getting something in return. The fact of the matter is that there is hard evidence as to how this money is spent. it is public info...call the AZDGF and ask for it. I feel that these tags are great and wish that they would offer a few more.

Michael,

Hunting

So if you didn't say the meat was wasted what were you implying in your lat two sentences? :unsure: Mabey I read to much into your post?

I agree with you there Noel. By your assumptions it sounded like you felt azgfd was not spending the money from these hunts on the animals that we all love and support. I ask you, if this is true how would getting rid of these hunts and raising the tag fees solve this problem? If their going to pocket money why would they care where it came from or how it was raised?