vegasjeep

36b scounting round two mulies too PICS!!!

I saw lots of deer around 40 in all and around 20 bucks. A few good size deer too. Saw the same deer as last time out that is posted in another thread and he has grown a bit more. He is without a doubt 120" 4 point Deer.

I also saw some mulies. Heres some interesting pics of some mulies and a small coues deer.

most of these pics were at less then 50 yards

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Awesome job vegasjeep what part of the unit were you in this weekend.

You know that part!!!!

No really I go out towards Ajaz mine alot and hump over two mountain ranges to the south.

what did the migrant traffic look like? we keep hearing that the national guard barricades are helping, big write-up in the Daily Star yesterday. Just curious what if any difference you could see?

I would like to know the difference between hunting those easy going draws or hunting the mountain ranges in the unit.I took a nice wide fork horn last october in the northern part of the tumaccori mountains.I ask because I expected to see more deer for all the miles and glassing we did?

I would like to know the difference between hunting those easy going draws or hunting the mountain ranges in the unit.I took a nice wide fork horn last october in the northern part of the tumaccori mountains.I ask because I expected to see more deer for all the miles and glassing we did?

My opinion is that the lower, easier country tends to have more deer numbers and smaller bucks on the early hunts, and the bachelor herds of older bucks stay up in the thick, rough, and remote stuff, but are in lesser numbers. I also killed a nice "forkie" last year on the Oct. hunt and you probably heard my shot on opening day if you were where you spoke of! I started off way low and speed hiked past all the does' and small bucks and gazillion other hunters to try and get way into the remote country and that is where I found the bigger bucks by themselves, and fewer deer numbers in comparison to the lower country. This is not always the case but seems to be fairly common in my experiences. There are big bucks down low but are usually runnin' scared from the chaos of all the other hunters, I'd rather glass em' up bedded or feeding unaware they about to become dinner! JIM>

Jimbosbestpicswt4.jpg

My opinion is that the lower, easier country tends to have more deer numbers and smaller bucks on the early hunts, and the bachelor herds of older bucks stay up in the thick, rough, and remote stuff, but are in lesser numbers. I also killed a nice "forkie" last year on the Oct. hunt and you probably heard my shot on opening day if you were where you spoke of! I started off way low and speed hiked past all the does' and small bucks and gazillion other hunters to try and get way into the remote country and that is where I found the bigger bucks by themselves, and fewer deer numbers in comparison to the lower country. This is not always the case but seems to be fairly common in my experiences. There are big bucks down low but are usually runnin' scared from the chaos of all the other hunters, I'd rather glass em' up bedded or feeding unaware they about to become dinner! JIM>

Jimbosbestpicswt4.jpg

you about summed up my experience as well.

The migrant traffic seems to be way down from last year. I did however see three bus loads from a huge group coming across.