Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Fellowship of Christian Hunters

Funny you mention it, I've been putting together the foundation for a group similar to this for a while now. When I saw coach's post, it just confirmed to me what I was doing was the right thing. The way I have planned it, is that it's more of a moral/outdoor education/accountability group for men based on Christian principles. It's my firm belief that the male leader of a family or even a friend group has huge influential power. If we could have a group of moral, righteous men, they would positively impact their families and friends, and their children would more than likely follow those same principles as they grow up and become fathers and leaders themselves. Also, there are plenty of youth hunter education groups out there, but I feel that if we train men to hunt, they can then teach their children and take them out as well. It will have a trickle down effect, whereas a youth hunter taught how to hunt cannot necessarily take themselves out hunting.

It's a lot of work to put together the foundation for the group, the mission, the focus, and to keep the message consistent while spreading it around the state and the country. But that's my plan. I'm in the process of securing non-profit status, logo development, website design, and making sure I have all my ducks in a row before I unveil it and start promoting the cause.

The name of the group is Leaders of Men.

Sorry to hijack your thread, just thought it was the perfect place to share.

post-5901-0-37391700-1362431840_thumb.jpg