tylertm

New to the Site/New to AZ

Well I just moved to Tucson this summer and have been looking forward to bowhunting coues for a long time, maybe one of the reasons I took a job in Tucson. Have read almost everything on this site so I thought that it was time that I added something. I have been scouting as much as possable and have found alot of deer but nothing to brag about for bucks yet. Have been wanting to set a blind over water but with all of this rain that plan is on hold for now. I was also lucky enough to draw a Javalina (archery) for 36 A,B and C which starts on the first also. So far even thought I have been seeing 10 to 20 deer a night I am yet to see a Javalina which everyone says is almost impossable :huh:. So if anyone has any tips :D. More than anything I thought it would be fun to post my progess throught out the season and hopfully my sucess pics, but that is enough time on the computer back to the hills with the binos.

It's not unusual to not see pigs this time of year. Very nocturnal until the heat breaks. Your best chance at spotting some right now is right at sunrise, as they head for cover or right before dark as they filter out of the brush. Also, the grass is very high right now and pigs can disappear in knee high grass very easily. When the grass dies out and the temps drop, you will see plenty of pigs in the 36 units.

Good Luck!

Welcome to AZ, those Coues will get under your skin. Have you converted to the AZ way of glassing with Binos on a tripod?

Where are you from in WY and more importantly What regions/units did you hunt in WY?

PM me if you want to talk units 34 & 36 sometime.

Dan

Info for Wyoming is fair for info on Arizona.

Dan check you in box, I sent you a PM. Need info on 36 for pigs badly as season starts the first and I am having a tough time locating anything scouting.

Tyler

Welcome to AZ! You'll soon find that Coues are sneaky little devils. They are very challenging to hunt. My best luck has been during the rut, though.

My javalina ended on the 10th uneventful was an understatement, didn't have much time off from work to hunt so couldn't expect much. Saw a group on the first day right at dark but not enough time to make a stalk. Gave me some good time to glass for deer :) found some nice deer and saw one buck that I have never seen durring the summer scouting. Was trying not to get distracted from javalina and didn't have much of an opprotunity on any of the bucks anyways. I am going to Wyoming to hunt for deer and elk for two weeks durring the end of the month. Then I will start to focus on these tricky little coues again. Will post pics of Wyoming hunt for everyone.

Where abouts in Wyoming are you from?

Looks like I will be moving there for good in a few weeks, maybe I can keep tabs on some of your favorite spots for ya. :D