Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

The GOOD News !?!?

The aim of the study, "Meat Consumption and Mortality: Results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition," was to see how eating red meat, poultry and processed meat did or did not increase people’s risk of death. And while researchers found that eating lots of poultry was not to blame, and that consuming red meat was found only slightly to blame, it was clear that indulging in processed meats was a serious problem.

The good news, though, is that the scientists concluded people could prevent the higher risk of death simply by reducing their intake to less than three-quarters of an ounce of processed meat—about one slice of bacon—daily.

guess they just want us all to go tofu? does this mean i am going to die sooner because of that liverwurst, banana and onion sandwich i ate on that rock in 24A?

three-quarters of an ounce? i reload by the 10th of a grain and don't know what a 3/4ounce chunk of kielbasa would look like.....

the old slogan 'tastes great-less filling' comes to mind. three-quarters of an ounce??????????????

lee

Insanity runs in the family-it practically gallups!