Sign in to follow this  
elkman

king buck

Why is it that neither the King Buck or Reynold bucks are listed on B&C when they are clearly larger than 144"?

Coues7,

Go to the 12th Edition of Boone and Crockett Club's RECORDS OF NORTH AMERICAN BIG GAME. In the non-typical catagory my deer is number 11 with a net score of 147". His gross score is 159.6"

I also have six other deer that I have shot listed in the Boone and Crockett book. (not the awards book). With the smallest netting 113" typical.

CRB,

You are correct, I have moved on many years ago! Some people havn't!!

Jim Reynolds

Jim and CRB, I agree with you about the past being laid to rest...Thats the way it should stay ;)

Jim and CRB, I agree with you about the past being laid to rest...Thats the way it should stay ;)

not when people have slashed tires and damaged hunters vehicles who have been hunting in the area where these two bucks have been killed.

This is the story I know of and indeed relatives of the stockwells. the things and stories I have heard indeed would lead me to believe most of the stories told are probably true.

After reading the crap on MM I am pretty disgusted!!! First of all why should a GREAT deer hunter like Jim even have to explain himself? He was not the one who had charges filed on him for POACHING a huge a$$ deer. I am quite sure that was MR. DAN KING. he may or may not have been guilty, this was for the courts to make a decision. He is the one who will have to answer to his maker some day. We should all just let it rest.

Those guys on MM are always talking crap!!! In fact I am also quite sure that they(MM gang) are in the habbit of protecting convicted poachers. Look what happened on a recent poaching case in CO. Those guys crucified the messenger. Now this self proclaimed guy "The DeerKing" is back on MM and is all forgiven.

I say let this go and lets all move on.

I will say that ol' Jim is the best dang coues hunter I have ever seen!!! You should see the sheds that he has, not to mention the 7 all time B&C heads he has hammered. Killing one could just mean you are dang lucky, but killing 7 is just friggin good! I would love to be half as good as him. I am fortunate to have him as a friend!!!

After reading the crap on MM I am pretty disgusted!!! First of all why should a GREAT deer hunter like Jim even have to explain himself? He was not the one who had charges filed on him for POACHING a huge a$$ deer. I am quite sure that was MR. DAN KING. he may or may not have been guilty, this was for the courts to make a decision. He is the one who will have to answer to his maker some day. We should all just let it rest.

Those guys on MM are always talking crap!!! In fact I am also quite sure that they(MM gang) are in the habbit of protecting convicted poachers. Look what happened on a recent poaching case in CO. Those guys crucified the messenger. Now this self proclaimed guy "The DeerKing" is back on MM and is all forgiven.

I say let this go and lets all move on.

I will say that ol' Jim is the best dang coues hunter I have ever seen!!! You should see the sheds that he has, not to mention the 7 all time B&C heads he has hammered. Killing one could just mean you are dang lucky, but killing 7 is just friggin good! I would love to be half as good as him. I am fortunate to have him as a friend!!!

[/quote

Dan King is a wonderfull person and a unbelieveable coues deer hunter who has killed several awesome bucks. He just doesn't need to brag about it on a hunting forum.

Dan King is a wonderfull person and a unbelieveable coues deer hunter who has killed several awesome bucks. He just doesn't need to brag about it on a hunting forum.

Andy, I did not say that Dan King wasn't a nice guy. Nor do I see Jim on this forum bragging about what he has hammered, I did it for him. Jim is one of the most humble guys I know.

But then again this thread has nothing really to do with Jim now does it.

Andy, I did not say that Dan King wasn't a nice guy. Nor do I see Jim on this forum bragging about what he has hammered, I did it for him. Jim is one of the most humble guys I know.

But then again this thread has nothing really to do with Jim now does it.

well said michael