Sign in to follow this  
ArizonaWildernessHunter

Bow Hunting Turkeys any Tips

So somehow I didn’t get draw for turkey this year (and likely not elk either still crossing my fingers though) and was thinking about buying an OTC archery tag for turkey.

I was wondering what the pros and cons are to various broadheads for turkey hunting. I have a bunch of the muzzy 3 blade regulars and MX-3s already for deer and javelina. Watched some videos and most people are only shooting out to about 30 yards. I think my average shot distance on turkeys has been about 40-45 yards over the years (like across water holes). I do a little bit of quail hunting with a 55 lbs PSE Silverhawk every year so not worried about hitting a turkey with my 70 lbs PSE Diablo pro series.

Thanks in advance for any input.

As to broadheads i shoot the rage two blade but ij think any broadhead will work and the only tip that i got for you when hunting turkeys with a bow is to use some decoys and when u set up the hen decoy have her facing away from you cuz the tom

will more then likely circle the hen and get behind her giving you his back and allowing you to draw your bow and make the shot right up the cornhole

been suggested to me to back the bow down and use the widest expandable you can find and dull the blades and blunt the tip, this is to avoid pass thru's and the turkey flying away and dying where you can't find it, goal is to get the arrow to stay in the turkey

• Like 1