Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

Shadow Mtn Ranch project April 13th in Unit 16A, volunteers needed!

Fellow sportsmen.

There will be a one day project at the Shadow Mtn Ranch, which is located in Unit 16A across from where the old NOTHING place used to be before it burned down on Highway 93. Turn off is located at mile marker 148 on Highway 93. We will have a sign out.

Project will be held on April 13th.

Volunteers needed to clean up the brush and stuff after a grader goes in and opens up the road to the project site.

This is part of an HPC funded project where a new well will be put in that will be used for wildlife and cattle.

The people who run the ranch (Lola and Harry) are super nice, and deserve our help.

Going to try and get a dinner for the volunteers put together for that Saturday night.

I'll furnish all the elk burgers!

Looking for some conservation group or a few generous benefactors to kind of co-sponsor the dinner, furnish the buns, cheese, condiments, soda and water.

Any takers?

Bet we could put this together for about $250 in donations.

Let me know!

Don Martin
awoguide@citlink.net

928-303-9481

Amanda:

Thanks again for the donation. We had 13 folks show up including the rancher and his wife. They are great folks! Had four AZ G&F officers there with chain saws who really made it happen! We got doe with clearing over 3 miles of road by 4:30 p.m.

Had a great dinner that evening at the ranch headquarters due to the generosity of the Mule deer Foundation and you!

We had elk, deer (which was taken on the ranch) and oryx cheeseburgers with all the fixins!

Thanks again, I'll send you an email with some photos and other details!

Din Martin