bluedevil99

WTB a boat

Still looking for a boat? I think I have exactly what you're looking for. 1995 Bayliner 2050 open bow. PM me if interested.

I had a 1996 Bayliner Capri 1750 and I learned that you need to be VERY careful when buying a boat. Every older Bayliner I've seen has had the floor rot out (including mine). My advice to you is to check if the boat has a wood floor, if so, RUN as fast as you can away from the deal. If you really like it, just make sure there are no soft spots in the floor by stepping literally everywhere. I ended up ripping out the entire floor and fiberglassing a whole new floor in myself and it still cost around $1500 and a couple full weekends of time. Lowest quote I got to do it was $3500.

Just want to share my experience with you so you don't suffer like I did. Also, I'm not bagging on Bayliner specifically, but really any boat with a wood/plywood floor. My Bayliner was a great boat otherwise.

I replaced the carpet in mine last year. Floor was in fine condition. But i have seen definitely seen boats with floors rotted out of them and I imagine the project would be fairly ugly to take on. My boat has a fiberglass floor

I replaced the carpet in mine last year. Floor was in fine condition. But i have seen definitely seen boats with floors rotted out of them and I imagine the project would be fairly ugly to take on. My boat has a fiberglass floor

Nice. Glad it's got a fiberglas floor. I don't know what boat makers are thinking with these wood floors?