Sign in to follow this  
hntnIwlgo

Sandhill Crane Yum!

Back in the fall when I posted the story of my husband and me getting our first sandhill cranes you wanted to know how they tasted. Well my husband grilled one of our three cranes this evening. The results...Yum! I'm known to be a picky eater and let me tell you sandhill crane does not taste like chicken, Nope, not at all, it tastes like beef, well flavored beef at that. We were very pleased. My husband cubed the breast and thighs, wrapped them in bacon and skrewed them with bell peppers and onions. His only seasoning was season salt and pepper. Next weekend my husband is going to cook up the other two cranes. Now my problem is who do I invite for dinner. :wacko: These sandhill cranes are to good not to share.

My husband has really not been into hunting crane but did it because I wanted to. Well tonight's dinner has won him over. He mentioned during dinner that he looks forward to getting more crane. Yahoo! We usually hunt only one of the three days but maybe now we'll hunt two. :D

Amanda, you're invited. I sent you a text.

Invite me!! :) I have never tried sandhill, but I have heard it's great eating! Thanks for sharing your meal with us :)

Why invite Amanda? :rolleyes: She gets invited to everything. :angry: I'll take her place thank you. :D

TJ

ps...........just kidding you know. ;) :lol: :lol:

Invite me!! :) I have never tried sandhill, but I have heard it's great eating! Thanks for sharing your meal with us :)

Why invite Amanda? :rolleyes: She gets invited to everything. :angry: I'll take her place thank you. :D

TJ

ps...........just kidding you know. ;) :lol: :lol:

LOL!! TJ you are too funny!!!