vinihunt

immature buck with my boys

Hunters.jpg

boys.jpg

took my boys for their first experience huntin...here in NM...last saturday 7 am...buck down..my tag is for doe/immature (horn short than ear)

boys had fun!

vinihunt

vini, I know this will come across as stupid but that looks like a doe. Obviously you would have picked that up while you were dressing it so it can't be. I just thought that all bucks in the pronghorn family had the black cheek patch. Also, some does have horns. Am I just way off? Or am I missing something in the photos. I know enough to know that I don't know enough about them and I was just curious. Congrats on the take and thank you for doing your part to bring the younger generation to the sport.

I changed my reply after sgha's post below. I did not see the spot that he said it was a doe tag as well.

I also saw the part about the tag. Please don't think I was trying to bust a fellow member of this site. These things should be dealt with in private. I was simply curious about the animal. I don't know if the patch is developed or from birth. I put out the question in case a veteran goat hunter knew the answer. My sincere apologies to vini. I was not trying to cause a problem.

JM

Vini congrats on a job well done. I bet your boys were thrilled to see the hunt go out like that.

Phx Hunter that is a good question I am not sure if the black patch is grown or from birth I will do some research on that.

I don't think i was trying to bust anyone either PHX hunter. If i was going to bust anyone it would be with a call to the fish and wildlife dept. But i would have to say the fact of the matter would be i do not care if you are a fellow member of this site i would turn anyone in for a game violation. All i told him was he may want to remove the photos if it was a doe. That was until i saw that it was a doe tag as well.

Easy there, big fella. My comments were not directed towards you in any way. I was simply apologizing to vini for my poor choice of words. I saw the tag description before I first posted. Looking back I felt that my comment might have come off as trying to embarrass the man. I was not, so I revised my statement. He did an outstanding job and that is all we should talk about. I think another topic thread is in order for a discussion of anatomy or ethics. Feel free to start one and we will all jump in. I am now sorry for messing with this guy's post. Well done vini.

I guess i agree with phx hunter that it is silly to keep this going on his thread about his lope. First off no one ever said they were going to call the Game and fish much less the AZ game and fish. The post is under hunting in new mexico. My first post to this thread said that maybe he should remove the photo if it was a doe as to not get in trouble. I did not see the part about the doe tag.

Second i was just saying i am in the same boat as PHX hunter and did not want to sound like i was trying to bust some one. I was not jumping at you and saying you thought i was trying to bust this guy. I was just agreeing with you and stateing if i was going to bust some one i would call on them .

Third my point is i do not care if you are a member of the forum if i did Eye witness you violating a game law i would call the game and fish I do not care who you are. seeing a picture on a forum is not an eye witness to anything and in this case there was nothing to eye witness right. The whole thing started by me not reading the post in its fullness. I apologise for that.

I hope evryone else reads the posts in there fullness to see what was said as well.

Great hunt with your boy's. I have two of my own and can't wait for my chance to share with them my love for hunting.

guys/gals

it's cool! same with me when i first shot..i notice ...is it doe? i picked up a leg..i saw a small peepee like my!!

here is better pic with skull...so its either doe or immature buck! :blink:

Horn2.jpg

Horn1.jpg

Horn.jpg