/>I never had an issue with mine derailing but I did notice the cam tracks were a bit shallow on the assassin. I noticed that the new bows from bowtech have deeper cam tracks. You could also look at the Hoyt challenger. I shot that bow a couple months ago and it felt pretty nice. I don't remember the price exactly but want to say it was around 450-550. I'm not sure it that comes in a package or just bare bow. Most of the bows that get derailed are from people pulling them back without a release and then trying to let down and they torque the bow and twist the string because they are gripping them so tight trying not to dry fire it. And then they blame it on the bow when it was their fault. Hope this helps. I think if you shoot the assassin you will love it though. Look at YouTube on bows derailing there are a couple video describing how people cause it to happen.

Thanks again. I am new to all of this, so I am trying to learn as much as I can.

/> The Knight is out and it is not going to be taking the place of the Assassin. As for specs on the new bow it is carbon and really light at 3.2 lbs 31 inches from axle to axle IBO is 330 and 7 inch brace the MSRP is $849 so you should be able to pick one up for $749 that is bare bow.The specs are are really close to the Assassin. I have not shot the Knight yet but I will be going to shoot it tomorrow and I can let you know my take on it.

Can you buy the assassin bare bow?? Sure, I would love to know your take on it. I shot the pse brute x a few nights ago and I loved it. Still have not shot the assassin yet though. Thanks again!

I just bought a 2013 Assassin bare bow from Robert at Broken Arrow for $499. Great deal!

Awesome!!