Sign in to follow this  
huntjunkie

Scarring your hunting buddy stories

I took my buddy Nick to CO last year for the archery elk hunt. We walked about 5 miles working this ridge and Nick was getting pretty tired. We were walking through some thick pines when I looked up and saw a pile of dirt. As I got closer the dirt was piled up like a prairie dog or rabbit had dug a hole, except MUCH larger. Walked a little closer and realized it was a bear den. I said, Nick its a bear den! It was dug out under a large pine tree. I look back at Nick and the expression on his face was one of great concern! He stayed back about 10-15 ft behind me. I walked up, bent over looked in the den and said, Oh S**t!!! And took of running!! I took about 3-4 steps and stopped to see Nicks reaction. I look back and Nick is TRYING to running away! Nicks about 5'6". When he turned to run he straddled a small dead pine tree that was down. It was low at the ends but much higher in the middle. Higher that his short legs could handle so he started hopping side to side trying get off this tree and escape the "bear" that was after him! As he was doing this he was breaking branches off the tree with his crotch. Between grunting, the gear in his back pack and the branches snapping, he was making all kinds of noise! I knew if I didn't say something he might tear "something" so I yelled! Just kidding Nick, just kidding!!! He stopped, un-straddled the tree,put he's arms on his hips and starred at the tree. I fell to the ground laughing. After a few seconds he busted up! I laughed so hard my stomach cramped and I started coughing. I giggled about that the rest of the day!! He was a good sport about it. He hasn't returned the favor yet.

• Like 4

that's pretty darn funny right there!

I can totally visualize that!

Some things you just gotta be there, but this is kinda funny anyways

Not a prank but just a funny happening

My brother in law is deathly afraid of bees..... I asked him if he's allergic and he said "no, I don't think so"

Fast forward to a scouting trip near roosevelt lake... we were done glassing this spot and we got into the truck to move down the road a few hundred yards... His spotting is comparable to none this day was no different... he'd spotted several deer in their beds with his walmart bushnells. We must have spotted 40 or so deer with a bunch of small bucks 2 here 3 there 1 under that bush. so we get into the truck and close the doors and I start the truck, all of a sudden he starts flailing around in the truck waiving his arms like crazy and in an instant he tries to bail out of the truck, flings open the door takes a step outside and I hear the famous gravel slip sound.. BAM! face down lying next to the truck. He wasn't moving at all! I tried to compose myself to ask if he was ok but couldn't stop the laughter! I said what are you doing? He started laughing........ I said what was that all about. He said "There was a BEE!" we laughed pretty hard the rest of the day!

James

• Like 1