Sign in to follow this  
43F

Good Hunting Magazines

Hey guys, I was looking to get input on some good all around hunting magazines. I've bow hunted for deer since I was a kid, but it was a different kind of hunting back in Illinois -tree-stand hunting. I'm also looking to expand my hunting to turkey, waterfowl, and elk hunting. As far as deer go, I'm looking more for articles about technique since hunting in AZ is different than Illinois. I'm not worried about product reviews because every deer I have taken has been with a passed down and beat up bow that didn't have sights. I think that the hunter is far more important than the gear, Not having experience in the other areas means I'll also be looking for more stories that are technique related. Basically, I'm not looking for a lot of product reviews, nor am I looking for articles about a hunter who has a great deal of expendable income and time to hunt trophies. Just looking for articles for the regular guy that can help him become a better hunter.

So far, I've found Western Hunter. Any comments on that mag?

Thanks,

Frank

IMO western hunter is a great mag and so is its sister magazine Elk Hunter, I don't think you will find exactly what you're looking for in any ONE magazine but what I do know is that right here at CWT.com there is an abundance of the very best knowledge available and members willing to share that knowledge when it comes to hunting in the great state of Arizona.

It could take you months or years to go through it all but I'd be willin to bet that you can find what you're looking for right here, if not I'm sure there is a member (probably more than one) willing to throw some western hunting techniques in your direction.

I know I kind of got off the magazine track a little but IMO there's no mag that will provide the info that CWT.com does.

• Like 3

IMO western hunter is a great mag and so is its sister magazine Elk Hunter, I don't think you will find exactly what you're looking for in any ONE magazine but what I do know is that right here at CWT.com there is an abundance of the very best knowledge available and members willing to share that knowledge when it comes to hunting in the great state of Arizona.

It could take you months or years to go through it all but I'd be willin to bet that you can find what you're looking for right here, if not I'm sure there is a member (probably more than one) willing to throw some western hunting techniques in your direction.

I know I kind of got off the magazine track a little but IMO there's no mag that will provide the info that CWT.com does.

No I totally agree! I've looked here and found some great stuff. I also have been able to get some great advice from hunters that I have run into in the field. Just looking to supplement cwt and other sources.

Petersons Hunting is good and most bow hunting Mags. You can muddle through the posts here but since you are already on your way and as a plus having accomplished the art of understanding arrow flight (becoming one with your bow) negate sights, you challenge/goal forthwith is going to be finding game be it Mule Deer, White Tails or Javelina. Which, isn't too hard especially if you have the following.

1. A vehicle that gets good mileage, and doesn't break down.

2. An understanding girl friend or wife. (If you have both see NO 1.)

3. An understanding Boss. (If you're self employed you're SOL)

Seriously though, AZG&F has some info on their Where to Hunt section under Hunting but the best thing to do is jut get out and drive the back roads and hike, hike, hike and observe game in the off season.